6

~Catalina's POV~

When Saturday rolled around, I found myself forcing myself awake at nine AM, unsure when exactly they'd be heading over to pick me up. Although I occasionally did it to Felix, I didn't want to keep them waiting. They already had a slightly bad impression of me as the girl who dumped food on Calum. I didn't need to make it worse by making them wait for me while I got ready.

So I hopped into the shower as soon as I woke up, taking my time to shave my body and make sure I was clean. I then hopped out, not bothering to blow dry my hair and instead deciding I'd let it air dry while I did my makeup. Usually I only blow dried my hair if I didn't have time to let it dry naturally.

By the time I'd finished doing my makeup fully, a little over an hour had gone by and my hair was mostly dry, but I knew it'd dry fully once I brushed it out. I brushed my hair out and then grabbed a bra and a pair of panties, putting the both of them on before I hung my towel back up in the bathroom.

I was in the middle of searching through my closet for something to wear when my doorknob jiggled. "Catalina!" I heard my mom yell through the door. I was glad I'd locked it, or she'd have just walked in on me half naked. "Yeah?" I called back, biting my cheek. "Why is your door locked? You know my rule about locking doors!" She exclaimed to me in frustration, like I had expected her to. My mom had a weird thing about not wanting anyone to have their bedroom doors locked.

"I know, I know. Sorry, mom!" I called to her, looking through my pants. "I'm not decent, so I locked it." I said, knowing she could hear me. There was a brief pause from her. "Why are you not decent? Where are your clothes?" She asked, sounding confused.

A sigh left my lips. "I'm getting ready. I told you I was going out today, remember?" I reminded her, frowning. My mom had a tendency to be pretty forgetful, but it wasn't like I wasn't the same way. She just happened to be a lot worse than me at remembering things. Another pause on her part. "Oh." I heard her mutter. "Shoot, that's right. I forgot." She admitted reluctantly. "What's new?" I teased her, but she just huffed.

"Was there something you needed from me?" I asked curiously, deciding to just throw on a big shirt until I could properly search through my clothes without my mom trying to talk to me. When I was covered, I pulled my door open and my mom shook her head. "No. Your dad and I are going out tonight. It's our date night. I just wanted to remind you." She said to me, giving me a smile.

I grinned at her happily. Even after they'd been married some twenty-something years, my mom and dad were still so in love with one another. "That's great!" I chirped. She sent me a look and I rolled my eyes. "You know I don't do anything, so don't look at me like I'll plan some orgy or something while you're out." I said flatly, raising a brow at her. Mom just laughed and turned around, shaking her head as she walked away. "Yeah, I know. You'd have to have sex to do that." She shrugged, heading back into her room. I gaped after her, a blush of embarrassment invading my face as I stepped into my room and slammed my door shut before locking it again.

After dismissing her words, I headed back over to my closet to continue to find an outfit. Deciding to keep it simple, I pulled out a pair of black pants that I hadn't worn in a while that were a little loose at the ankle and a cropped black tank with a high neckline. Because the pants were just a little loose around my waist, I put on my double grommet belt. I slid on my socks and a pair of black platform sneakers, hearing my phone go off on my bed. At first I almost ignored it, not thinking much of it, but then I remembered it might've been Luke.

I finished putting on my shoes and then headed over to my bed, flopping onto my stomach as I grabbed my phone. Sure enough, Luke had texted me and said that they were on their way to pick me up. I texted him back so he knew I had read his message, rolling onto my back before I slid out of my bed. I put on a short-chained necklace and the usual ring I wore, my hair tie around my wrist as usual, even though I hardly used it. Deciding it was time to brush my hair, I headed into my bathroom and found my brush, beginning to drag it through my slightly tangled hair. Then, I set my brush down and emerged from the bathroom fully ready.