💎Clickbait💎

PJ had fully settled into living back at home again, they slept from bed to bed, they stayed up late and went out every morning for breakfast. Dan listened to French pop music while PJ made flashcards for a test he had in his English class, each both on their own bed. Dan looked up from his phone, his laptop was on his desk, the speaker rattled off music that PJ had actually taken a liking to. 

Dan and Phil hadn't spoken in about a week, Dan did, however, text him letting the older boy know that he wasn't able to come in that week because he had to study for his own tests. The teachers decided to take a middle of the year exam that was worth more than half of their grade, and Dan had yet to even start his photography project. Phil never responded to Dan's message, he saw it, though.

"Peej?" Dan called, looking over at his friend.

"Hm?" He questioned, never looking up from his notebook, hand scribbling across the paper. 

"Will you help me with my photography project?"

"What do I have to do?" Finally looking up, he dropped his pen, giving Dan his full attention.

"Be my model." Dan smiled, sliding off his bed and sat on PJ's.

The green-eyed boy slipped his fingers under the fabric of Dan's jeans, his knee exposed from the hole he had cut himself because he thought it looked cool. Dan watched his friend finger his leg, waiting for his answer. 

"Yeah, why not." 

"Great." Dan smiled, jumping up and grabbing his camera. "Come on!" He yelled, turning off the music and slipping on his shoes at the door. PJ rolled his eyes, dragging on a hoodie as he quickly put himself together. 

They watched down the long corridor of the men's wing, some doors open and some closed, loud music blaring from room 114. Their knuckles brushed, PJ frowned down at his hand, Dan quickly taking it in his own, flashing a smile to the older boy. They made it outside, the brunet forcing PJ to stand in front of and pose around various things that he thought looked good. They went out for ice cream, Dan taking a photo shoot as they stood on rocks. They skipped stones at a river down the street from the local park. 

It started raining on their way back, just like the night PJ got admitted to the hospital. The water was thick and soft, light thumps hit the pavement between their feet as they into the patio of a diner. PJ huffed out air, hands on his knees. Dan gazed at him, eyelashes thick with water as it streamed through his air.

"PJ," Dan said, his voice strong but his heart beating all too fast to keep up with speaking.

The emerald eyed boy looked up, the brunet sweeping in so quickly the older didn't even have a chance to explain before Dan's lips were on his own. They had kissed many times before, little pecks or maybe when they slept together, or maybe when they were cuddling. But nothing like this. Dan moaned when PJ kissed him back, shivers running down his spine when he felt the boys hands land on his hips. PJ pulled him closer, kissing him back, Dan threaded his hands through his hair. 

When they pulled away they were smiling like idiots, Dan blamed it on the rain, the water always made him to crazy things- but his heart bloomed out of his chest like wildflowers and PJ was the only one who could pick them.

Peej took Dan's hands in his own, both of them still smiling outside of this diner. The people inside must be in shock. "Come on, let's get out of here." PJ spoke first, still smiling, tugging Dan away from the neon sign that flashed open. 

Behind the red words, with one last glance, Dan's wildflowers quickly shriveled up and died, the ghostly face of Phil Lester sat just behind the window, Haillie and Ant's heads facing inside. He quickly looked down at the hand in his own, the hand that connected to an arm and that arm to a shoulder, to the neck, to head, to PJ Liguori. 

He loves me,

PJ tugged him away, kissing him one more time, their heads in the rain now. He shot one last look at Phil from behind the glass, his eyes still hadn't left the boys out in the weather.

He loves me not.

a/n

this is so fucking over-due i am so sorry pls don't murder me