💎Ex-Roomates💎

The sky was starting to clear up, and Daniel knew it wouldn't last forever but somehow the postcard sky made him feel good. Good enough to tell his best friend that he was moving in with his boyfriend who just so happened to be Phil Lester.

PJ liked Phil, Dan had to keep reminding himself of that. PJ liked Phil so this should be easy. It's probably going to be hard but Daniel had a monologue in his head that he kept repeating to himself like he was practicing what he was going to order at a restaurant.

Except PJ wasn't the waiter at a restaurant, but actually his only family and best friend. This would be Daniel's second time leaving his family.

The lecture in his English Studies class just ended, he gathered his books and pens before heading back to his dorm room, that soon would only host one student instead of two. He chewed on his lip, he knew PJ would be there. PJ got out of class before Daniel so he was always there when Dan got back. 

The door was open, as usual, propped there by the stand that held their shoes. Most kids kept their doors open during lunch, just as a friendly invitation for friends to come on in. PJ did that, but only for Daniel- and everyone knew that. 

"Dan? That you?" A voice called as the brunet walked in. He dropped his things on his bed, taking in the room for the last couple of times. The paperwork for Dan to be discharged from the dorms was already turned in, it was only a matter of days before he could actually leave, and he intended to come back to see PJ, of course. 

"Yeah. Hey Peej," He smiled at his friend who had just walked out of the bathroom, towel around his waist as his hair was dripping wet. 

"Hey, how was the lecture?"

"It was fine, just stuff I already did and knew."

"How do you know everything?" PJ walked over to his dresser, which was actually just a small chest he kept all of his clothes in.

"Phil helps me, it turns out, we basically took the same classes, except I didn't major in English or minor it in. It's just a seminar for me."

"Didn't he major in English and minor in Law?" PJ asked, pulling out a pair of gym shorts and a plain T-shirt. He closes the door so he can change, Dan adverts his eyes.

"Yeah, but he never used his English degree so became he a rich lawyer who's now my-"

"-Sugar daddy?" PJ grins, turning around and sitting on his bed.

"Shut up," Dan smiles as he throws a pillow at the boys head. He takes in the moment, this is what he was going to miss, rolling over and looking across the moonlight filled boy to see Peej, going out for food at 3 am on a school night, staying up and binging movies on the broken projector. He was going to miss the friendship, sure he had that with Phil, but everything with Phil went into boyfriend memories, not best friend memories.

PJ was always platonic to Daniel, fucking around or not. PJ fit different to Dan, like a different skin he could just slip into. He was like a favorite hoodie that fit perfectly and made you look good with awesome pockets. 

"What's wrong, bear? You look like you just remembered someone died." PJ waved his hand in front of Dan's face, moving from his bed to Daniel's.

"Peej, I have something to tell you." Dan started, PJ nodded. He sat crisscrossed in the middle of the bed, Dan turned to do the same. He took PJ's hand in his own and continued, "this has nothing to do with you, I promise, it's just..."

"You're moving out, aren't you?" PJ smiled.

"Yeah..." Dan frowned, looking down at their hands. Platonic.

"That's good, bub. I'm happy for you."

"You are? You're not mad?" The brunet shot his head up, how the fuck had he gotten so lucky with this boy? 

"Of course not, unless you never come visit me, then I'll be upset." he frowned.

"No, of course, I'll be here all day for class, promise." 

"Okay good. You're always welcome here back, you know."

"I know." Dan smiled. "You're so cool, you know that right?" He punches PJ's shoulder playfully.

"I know. Besides, now I get to bring boys back here." He grins, Dan laughs. "Or girls, I dunno."

"Thank you, PJ."

"You're welcome, Daniel."

"Ew, don't call me that." Dan cringes.

"Daniel, Daniel, Daniel." PJ chants, the brunet stands up and wacks his friend with a pillow off his bed. The boy stands up and chases Dan around the dorm, chanting his full name. They collapse against PJ's bed in a fit of laughter, the moment clicking into place so nicely Dan never wanted to leave for a moment.

"I think you're art." PJ whispers, his head propped up on his arm and his other hand tracing the freckles on Dan's cheeks. The younger boys eyes are shut, but when he opens them the sun shatters into pieces from the blinds and crashes all over the floor. He's laying on his back, hands on his chest. 

"And I think you're the best person on the planet, PJ Liguori."

.

.

.

"Okay!" Phil claps his hands, setting down the last box of Daniel's things. He was finally moved in and Phil was even kind enough to split up his office and give Dan half of it and a new desk so he could study. 

Dan smiled, moving across the room and over to his boyfriend, lacing his arms around the man's neck and kissing him on the lips. "Thank you," Dan's smile was so huge his cheeks were starting to ache.

"Anything for you, baby."

Dan peck's Phil's lips again before moving away when he hears the door open. Ant stands at the doorframe, a small stuffed bunny in hand. His eyes are almost identical to Phil's, ocean waves crashing against the irises. 

"What's up, bub?" Dan smiles.

"Are you moving in, Dan?" Ant asks timidly.

Dan and Phil share a look before Phil crouches down to his son's height, placing his hand on the boy's small shoulder. "Hon, you know how your mommy and I loved each other?" Ant nods. "Well, I love Dan just like I loved your mommy. So Dan is moving in with us, is that alright?"

The boys face breaks into a smile before he starts jumping up and down. Phil smiles up at Dan. "I have two daddies!" 

Dan blushes so deeply he's sure he'd pass out from not enough blood circulation because a kid he's loved like a son just called him his dad and everything just feels so right. Phil just feels so right and this family they somehow scraped together feels so right.

Ant runs to Dan's legs and he immediately drops down to embrace the child, tears prickling in his eyes. Phil crawls over to them and hugs them both. The brunet's heart bloomed so much he felt like a whole field of flowers.

He's never felt so loved.

a/n

this. is. so. bad. i. am. so. sorry

ALSO @SuperSizedMcWriter SEE EVERYTHING WITH PJ WAS FINE YOU CAN TRUST ME

this friendship can't work if you don't trust me -_-

ALSO ALSO

not to spoil anything but ya'll are gonna meet the millionaire's club next chapter LOOK OUT