💎Liar💎

The house was too quiet. The only noise came from the small hum of the washing machine across the hall from him. As big as his house was, they only had a small closet for the washer and dryer. Mr. Lester was out at the office and Ant was upstairs in his room, still as perky as ever, oblivious to everything that happened between his cheating father and babysitter.

Dan thought for sure Phil would fire him, he would fire him and probably withdraw his tuition payments, then Dan would be illegally staying in PJ's apartment with a new roommate to replace him and everything was quickly going downhill. Dan's head was spinning and the scream of the pot on the kitchen stove barley made it through the fog in his brain. He only got up off the white couch when he heard the click of those dreaded high heels come up the driveway, he couldn't deal with her right now. He just wanted Phil's arm around him and he wanted this mess to go away.

He never should have kissed Phil Lester let alone let him bend him over the kitchen island.

He pulled the pot off the stove, pouring the piping water into a mug and dipping his tea bag in it. He didn't turn around when he heard the front door open, he just kept bobbing the bag in and out of the water, watching it turn a muddy green. 

The clicking stopped at the doorway, he could feel her eyes on his back. "Where's Phil?" she called, voice loud rather than asking, as if she demanded his presence and Dan was the only thing keeping the two apart. 

"The office, I believe." he turned around, holding the mug in both hands, not caring if it burned his skin. He suddenly liked it better than sitting on that couch listening to the clock wondering what the hell he was going to do when he had to look Phil in the eyes again.

She hummed in response, running a hand through her (now) straight hair. She would be awfully pretty if her personality didn't get in the way.

"He's gone a lot, isn't he?" She asked, catching Dan by surprise, but he didn't let her see that. He nodded, taking a sip of his tea. She narrowed her eyes at him like the principals did at his high school. "Is Anthony asleep?" 

"He doesn't get put down until 6:00, it's currently 3:07." he mumbled, glancing up at the clock above her head. "You didn't know that?" 

She blushed a deep red before scowling, throwing a piece of hair over her shoulder like those girls in middle school did when they thought they had won and argument. "Phil changes his schedule a lot- Anthony's. So I never know with him."

"He hasn't changed it the whole time I've been working for you, and I've been here for a total of six months or so." He didn't know where this boost of confidence came from, maybe because he hadn't felt this great weight on his shoulders since he came out to his dad- but he needed to get stuff off of his chest, starting with Haille and finishing with PJ. 

He was tired of looking at his life through someone else's eyes, always wanting to please people but never making himself happy. He was happy with PJ, yes, but as a friend. He wanted Phil, a lot. His heart sped up at the mention of his name and thinking about him made his stomach do somersaults. He was sure flowers were blooming from his rib cages and he only wished he wasn't 22 and Phil wasn't 31. He wished he wasn't married and didn't have a kid and Dan wasn't in college and didn't have some on-off relationship with a boy who may or may not be in love with him. He wished he could just love a man who loved him too without anything in the way. Phil did love him, didn't he? Or else he wouldn't have asked Dan to come in today, he would have cut him off. 

He wouldn't have bought a copy of Highly Suspects The Boy Who Died Wolf and left it playing in his office for Dan to find.

That had to mean something, Phil had to love Dan. He wouldn't pay for his tuition and he definitely wouldn't have cared if he kissed PJ Liguori or not if he didn't.