💎The Happening💎

"It's happening," the thick voice came from the other end of the line. Dan was sitting on his bed, a coffee in his hand, he drank it through a straw like the basic white girl he really was. He looked down at his toes through his socks, he could never find the right pairs. It made him remember when he first saw Phil on his day off, graphic T and bright socks. "I want a divorce. I'm going to file for the papers when I go in." 

It was still early, PJ and Dan had afternoon classes so waking up at 7:30 wasn't normal. He had woken up to his phone ringing, PJ's arm around his waist as they had fallen asleep there after their long talk the night previous. He crept over to his bed so their talking wouldn't wake up the older boy.

"Is that good?"

"Yes. But the only thing that's going to be tricky is custody of Ant. She doesn't have a job, she hasn't worked in nearly five years. She had no income, no home, but she is the woman so they put up a fight for her. But I should win." 

"That's good. Ant would never want to live with Haille, he hates her."

"I know," Dan knew he was rubbing his hand down his face. "She still hasn't come back, I'm sure she met some guy at a bar. Wouldn't be the first time she's cheated on me."

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah. It happened like two years ago, she got wasted a bar and didn't come home that night. Almost sent out a search party for my missing wife when she texted me saying she was with some friends." 

"How'd you find out?"

"When that shit stain left hickeys all around her neck."

"Oh." Suddenly the places on Daniel's neck stung from where Phil would kill him. 

"Yeah. Alright I have to go, oh shit, you have afternoon classes. I'm so sorry." He rushed out, the sound of rustled clothing came from the other end.

"It's alright. I should probably be in around 2 today." Dan mumbled, bringing the straw to his lips and drinking the rest of the brown liquid. 

"Okay. I gotta go. Love you."

"Love you too," Dan mumbled back, every blood cell in his body rushing to his cheeks. Phil laughed before hanging up the line, leaving Dan to drop his phone and fall against his bed like a school girl who just got asked to the dance.

He felt a lot like a girl who had just fallen in love, probably because he hadn't felt like this before. All of the boys he had dated were looser and scummy people. None of them looked at him like he was the greatest invention ever created. None of them touched him like sunlight and made flowers bloom from his chest. None of them ruffled his hair and laughed at his jokes even though they were shit.

None of them where Phil Lester.

And he didn't love them, he loved a man who ran a casino in his basement and had a little boy who made the world a little bit better. He loved a man who had galaxy's for eyes and canvas's for body, waiting to be filled up with someone who loved him back.

Dan was artist, he remembered. And Phil was an unfinished painting.

"You're demented." Dan jumped, he hadn't realized PJ was awake. He rolled over onto his side, looking across the floor at PJ's emerald eyes who stared right back at him. He was on his side as well.

"What does that mean?"

"You aren't in love, you're demented. Head over heels, point of no return, fucking Juliet Capulet stab yourself for this man." 

"Shut up," Dan smiled, his laugh filling the room as he launched the pillow over at PJ's head. The boy shot up and dragged his blanket over his shoulders, looming above Daniel's bed like a monster. 

"I've come to eat you!" He announced before pouncing on the younger boy, ticking him until he thought for sure he would pee.

.

.

.

"Ant!?" Dan called as he stepped through the big mahogany doors, Phil texted him earlier letting him know that he would try to stop by for his lunch break. 

"DAN!" The boy came bouncing down the stairs, arms up as he dashed to the brunet. Dan dropped to his knees, engulfing the baby in a hug. 

"Hey you, have you ate anything yet?" Dan asked when they pulled away, shutting the door and walking into the kitchen only to come face to face with the woman who chucked a plate at his lovers head.

"Hello," She muttered. She looked scared and small. She cowered into herself, Dan boomed with confidence. He almost felt like she was the stranger in his house. Ant held onto his pant leg, little baby hands fisting the material for what felt like dear life.

"Hi." He said back awkwardly. She wore different clothes, non-expensive looking clothes. Just a pair of bell bottom jeans that looked a size too big and a shirt that hung off her shoulders but caught onto her breasts.

"Is Phil gone?" She asked, voice barley audible.

"I don't know when she got here." Ant said up to him in what was supposed to be a whisper but Haille obviously heard.

"Yeah. Went off to work. How long have you been here?"

She itched at her arm, eyes darting all around. She knew that he would tell Phil but she couldn't lie either. "I was able to get into the backroom and I stayed the night downstairs..."

"In the Millionaires Club?"

"How do you know about that?" She suddenly snapped, legs suddenly stable on her knees.

"Phil let me stay the night there when my friend was in the hospital. He told me all about that."

Her face contorted between a tidal wave of shock and confusion to jealousy and hurt. Then it hit her, she stepped several feet forward, Ant cowered away. She stopped in front of Daniel, looking him dead in the eyes. 

"You fucking bitch," she growled. It happened so fast Dan barely had time to react. Her palm came flying in less than a second, then contact was made. He stumbled to the side, hand shooting up to cover the wounded skin. Her eyes go wide as she falls backward, catching herself on the island. The island that her husband bent Dan over. "Anthony! What are you doing!?" He had pushed her. 

"Get away from Dan," He growled, jaw clenched so tightly Dan thought it would snap right off. He puts his arms up in a T to protect the path from Haillie to Daniel.

"Ant, come on, let's go upstairs." Dan goes to grab the baby but he stomps his feet and growls up at his mother.

"Touch him and I'll send you to jail!" he points a little finger up at the woman. Punching her hard in the thigh before turning and leading the way for Dan to go upstairs.

"Way to go," she cries, her voice breaking. Dan stops in his tracks and looks over his shoulder at the woman who's done more than a shit job parenting. "This is what happens when you stay with Phil, everything comes crashing down. I didn't cheat on him, you know, he did. He kicked me out, I was homeless for three nights." She sniffles before brushing her hair out of her face and wiping away her tears. Looking him dead in the eyes she leans in and says,

"Welcome to the Millionaire's Club, Daniel. Now stop fucking my husband. For your own good."

a/n

fake people at my school are really testing me 

my knuckles hurt i should probably stop punching things