💎Boy ADD💎

His heart seemed to be racing a lot lately, he thought for sure he would die of a heart attack at the age of 25 by the rate he was going. He managed to get his key into the lock and slide it open, the door squeaking, the noise causing the boy inside the dorm's head to shoot up. He smiled that sunshine smile and Dan thought he would vomit. 

Puke everywhere. 

"Hey," PJ gave a little wave. Adorable. Art. Amazing. 

"Hi," He managed to squeak out. He had done this countless times after fucking around with boys, telling them they couldn't be exclusive after a couple of months of shady dates and soft drinks. But PJ wasn't the last resort fuck and he wasn't just a nobody. He was family. They both had lost too much family, to begin with, this was going to be world destroying. He just hoped PJ would still be there to wrap his arms around by the time he finished what he needed to say. Dan wanted to hold him like the world was going to end because in a way it was going to. Their little world would be rocked so hard, big changes were coming their way.

Dan was in love.

Puke, all over the walls. Call a cleaner, ASAP.

"You good?" 

"Mhm," he hummed, still avoiding PJ's gaze as he slipped off his shoes and held his arms around his middle. He hadn't worn a coat and frankly he was freezing. He wanted nothing more than to slip under PJ's warm blankets and press his freezing feet against the boy's leg. His heart warmed at the memories- no more middle of winter cuddling, no more afternoon kisses, no more hand-holding, and definitely no more making out in the rain in front of a cafe. "Actually, Peej, we need to talk."

PJ sighed from the bed, scooting up against the wall and patting the spot next to him for Dan to sit. His knees barely made him over to the mattress. He pulled his knees to his chest, resting his chin on his kneecaps. "I know," the older said sadly, taking Dan's hand in his own, squeezing lightly. "You're in love."

"How'd you know?" Dan blushed, rolling his head on his knees to look over at his best friend. His family. His whole world at this point.

"Don't think I didn't see that little smile every time you would come home late from Phil's house. Don't think I didn't notice how you get that dreamy look in your eyes whenever I ask you about your day over there. I notice everything about you, Dan. I notice how you started sleeping curled up to a pillow after you started working for him, I noticed how you stopped biting your nails- and that wasn't from me because there's no way in the world you would ever listen to me." PJ laughed light-heartedly, Dan chuckled, his heart rate returning back to normal.

Why was he panicking? This was PJ, the most understanding person in the world.

"Why do you notice all of that?" Dan squeaked, burying his face in his legs. 

"Because I'm in love with you, dumbass." PJ punched him in his shoulder, a laugh on his lips. "And despite your boy ADD, I still love you. Romantically and platonically. So I know that look in your eyes, I have it too. And I haven't seen that look out of all of the boys you've been with."

"But I loved you, PJ. I did." The brunet protested.

"You didn't love me in the way I loved you, it can get confusing." 

Dan looked down at their hands, tears suddenly welling in his eyes. How did he get so lucky? How did he get bunked with the most amazing guy in the world? How did he luck out this much? It had to be running out soon.

"I love you." He mumbled, leaning his head on PJ's shoulder.

"I love you too, Dan." Peej squeezed his hand, laying his head on Dan's shoulder. 

They breathed together as one, Dan closing his eyes after a while and letting the waves of PJ's cologne drift him off to sleep once again.

a/n

yo i wanna fucking die

this is for everyone who wanted pj to die (cough someone i know cough) so suck it