Chapter 7

Fifteen minutes later, Stiles walked downstairs wearing Derek's black T-shirt, blue jeans, and black tennis shoes. Derek smiled at his mate as he came down the stairs. He walked towards the couch and sat down next to Derek and gave him a fake smile.

"Stiles, we need to talk." said Derek.

"About what?"

"Well..... I don't know if you can feel the bond between us or not, but I feel the bond and I know it means your my mate." said Derek.

"I can't really explain it, but I feel much safer around you. Does that have anything to do with the mate bond?"

"Yes! So..... How do you feel about being my mate?" said Derek.

"I would love to Derek! Do we have to tell the others about this?"

"Not right away if you don't want to, but we would have to eventually." said Derek.

"Alright, I should head home. My dad and Scott are probably worried about me."

"Sure thing! Let me drive you home." said Derek.

"NO! I m-mean, thank you, but I can get home myself."

"Alright." said Derek.

Without another word Stiles stood up and walked out of the loft. As he walked home old memories played through his head and it gave him a headache. He walked through the door of his house and headed upstairs, but was stopped by his dad.

"Stiles! Where have you been? Scott told me you disappeared from school after lunch and didn't come back."

"Look dad, I'm sorry for worrying you. I just had a rough first day and needed to get away." he said.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine dad, just tired." he said.

"Alright! Go rest up, dinner will be done in about an hour an a half."

Without another word Stiles went up to his and Scott's room. He took his shoes off and laid down on the bed. He closed his eyes and fell fast asleep.

As he slept he was consumed by his dark memories turning his dream into a terrible night terror. He was trapped within his own mind for longer than he like. He tried to wake up, but nothing seemed to help. He started twisting and turning in his sleep. He finally started to scream in his sleep until he was finally woke up.

He continued to scream as he was being held in his father's arms. He had a tight grip on his father's arm until he finally stopped screaming. His father hugged him tight as he stared at him with worried eyes.

"It's alright Stiles! You're safe."

Stiles calmed down, but he was still trembling and covered in sweat. He and his dad stayed like that for awhile until Stiles had to get up and get ready for school. He took a quick cold shower and put on a black T-shirt with his red hoodie, blue jeans, and green tennis shoes. He grabbed his backpack and headed downstairs. When he was about to leave for school he was stopped by his father.

"Stiles, if you aren't feeling well you can stay home today." he said.

"Thanks dad, but I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Dad, really I'm fine. It was just a nightmare!"

"Alright, have a good day!" he said.

Without another word Stiles walked out of the house, but as he did Derek was parked outside his house. Derek smiled at his mate and opened the passerine door for him inside the car. Stiles didn't question it and got in as he shut the door behind him. Stiles stayed quiet the entire ride, but half way to the school Derek parked the car on the side of the road. He turned to face Stiles with a serious expression.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked.

"Nothings wrong."

"Somethings wrong, other wise you wouldn't be so quiet during the ride." he said.

"I'm fine, just tired is all."

"Alright, if you say so." he said.

Derek pulled back onto the road and drove towards the school. He dropped Stiles off and headed back to his loft. Stiles watched as Derek's car disappeared and walked inside. As he walked through the hall he caught the scent of Werefox hunter's. He quickly grabbed his things for first period and ran to his class. He made it to class safely, but as he entered the class room the hunter's scent became stronger. He took his seat and class began. During class, he was on edge and alert for the rest of the day.