Falling into time

The house of black manor - 1999
6 months after the battle of Hogwarts.

Lilith's PoV

  Dear Sirius 

I know I'm taking the cowardly way out here, and I'm sorry, but I just can't keep going on the way I am. Pretending to be strong when all I feel is pain and guilt. I don't want to feel this way anymore. I miss them. All of them.

I want you to know that I'm thankful for everything you've done for me over the past years, but I must leave the magical community, its not my home anymore, everyone is gone and I just can't help but feel that it's all my fault, and I'm the reason they're  all gone. I hope you can forgive me.

I will try to contact you once I have settled. Please don't look for me, I love you and stay safe.

        Lilith potter.

I place my quill down and wipe my eyes, Looking up, i stare into the face of death with an unreadable expression, going over our conversation in my head.

40 minutes before

Staring out the window trying to come up with more ways to spend my immortal life... yeah that's right I'm now immortal after watching my friends suffer and die. Only me right? Bad things always happened to me. Running my fingers through my hair I try to take slow steady breaths to calm my breathing. There's no point panicking now.

Catching the figure of death in the glass window I turned around and stared into his black hallow eyes whilst he looks over at my distraught state.

"you seem to be getting worse Lilith, you can't keep blaming yourself for their deaths, you'll never move on. Look at you, your a mess." 
Squeezing my eyes shut, I turn to face the window again staring out into midnight black night sky. I hear him sigh and step closer to me.

"I told you I could help you Lilith, I can send you through time and into a new muggle world where you can start a new life and be happy. I can't take your pain away but I can lessen it, that is if you chose to start again." 

This isn't the first time death had made this suggestion to me over the past few months, he always has this knowing look on his face as if he's hiding something from me. And I'm never one to not call somebody out on their bullshit, not even death himself.

"If I do go, l want to know what your hiding from me? I can see the smug look written all over your face, there's clearly a reason you want me there" i say and roll my eyes when a huge smirk plays on his face.

Laughing he replies in sickly tone "ah my sweet Lilith, your instincts have always been admirable, Just know that your new life will not be at all easy and you won't be the only supernatural creature living amongst the muggles, and that's all I can tell you for now"  knowing that death was alway one for secrets, I knew that was all I would get out of him.

Turning to face him again I reply in a calm tone  "if I do this, it has to be now and I don't want anyone knowing where I've gone, but you have to promise me that you'll protect Sirius, if anything happened to him, you need to bring me back" 
Nodding his head he replies simply
"Of course mistress"

——————

Present

"Are you ready Lilith?"

Am I ready? Can I really do this? Can I just jump through time and space, to start a new life, leaving what's left of my life behind. Not that there are a lot of people left in my life, everyone is dead except Sirius and a few of the weasleys. Hermione and Ron are dead and it's all my fault, if I had just handed my self over to voldemort the first time, then they would still be alive right now.

Shaking my head at where my thoughts had gone I let out the breath I was holding and knew I had made the right decision.

I gave death a quick nod and stood from my seat. I grabbed my small bag that I had put an undetectable extension charm on and quickly packed all my essentials that I could not leave behind.

"I'm ready" I walk nervously towards deaths outstretched hand. I take a deep breath and look around the manor for the last time.

"When you get to your new home everything will be sorted for you, I've had your new apartment redecorated and I know it will be up to your likings. I've also had your wardrobe filled and anything else you need will be there, of course you won't need much help seeing as you are the mistress of death, owner of all three deathly hallows and will still have your magic."

Thank god, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my magic, but that means I'm still immortal? How will I live a normal life with muggles if I never age? Before i get a chance to voice my thoughts, Deaths distracts me by grabbing my hand in his "Also you've been enrolled into high school and you'll also find love. Good luck" he smirks. What?!
"No way, dea" Before I could finish objecting I'm sucked into a ball of white light.

🖤