To catch a wolf.

Third person POV

"Alright, we say that Mikael followed Elena in here, he tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait" Stefan says whilst walking into his library with Elena and Damon on his heels.

"And you what, vervained him?" Elena says sarcastically, rolling her eyes at their stupidity.

"No we vervained him, the guys an original, we have to make it realistic" Damon says.

"Ok fine, we've vervained him, and in the process, discovered that he had a dagger." Stefan says.

"Which you planned to use on Rebekah, but instead" Elena pauses.

"We drove it through his heart" Stefan says finishing off her sentence. Elena was nervous, worried this plan is going to back fire completely. This isn't going to be easy. Klaus would never believe we could dagger an 1000 year old vampire hunter? They couldn't even take him down, let alone his deranged father.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikaels body?" She says, was she the only one who had a brain around here?

"Good point, you my brother have been compelled to do what klaus says so the idea is too lure him back here and kill him, last thing we need is you getting tripped up or tongue tied." Damon says making sure to get at least one jab at his brother who stupidly followed klaus around like a puppy for the past 2 months, even if it was to save his own life.

"Well don't look at me, I'm just in charge of getting him back here" he says smirking a little like it's nothing. Elena and Damon glance at each other, both thinking the same thing, can he really pull this off when under klaus compulsion.

"Klaus is smart, if we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want prove" Elena knows this is the only way to get klaus to believe that his father is really dead.

"Than I shall be dead" Mikael enters the room, making all three heads turn towards him.
Mikael places what looks to be like a small piece of cloth onto the side table.

Elena and Stefan walk towards him to see what looks like a dagger similar to the Ones klaus uses on his siblings. Elena being the first one to speak up, "what if he wants to see you in person?"

"Well that means our plan is working, klaus will absolutely want to see my body, you lure him here, and I will kill him."

The three exchange looks, knowing that the dagger will not work on klaus so Stefan speaks up.

"with what? Those daggers won't work on him"

Mikael chuckles " well I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree, the one who left these ashes when it burned"

"Where is it?" Damon asks looking at Mikael with no trust what so ever. "Not here" Mikael replies looking bored. He Removes the dagger from the cloth and pulls out a little jar full of ash, opening it he dips the dagger in.

"you see knowing it's location is my insurance policy"

"For what" Stefan says sternly.
Mikael slowly walks towards Elena with the dagger in his hand. "You leaving this is my heart, you see a vampire can't dagger another original without dying, so it falls to you" he stares into Elena eyes whilst handing over the dagger, Elena slowly takes it.