Chapter 8 - Acceptance?

Kate was ready to give up on her idea for revenge.After Skaira managed to talk her out of it,that's it.Now we will see of Kate's experiences with the heyna pack she promised to protect for some time.

Another heyna pack atteacked,for territory reasons,and Kate had to fight along.She fought besides them and faced many opponents,but most of the times,she fought along side Jonan.One of the male heynas she had created a fond with.He was her companion whenever she had to stay  with the pack or fight with them.It was to the pack's advantage for Kate to have a friendship with him,but it was also in advantage of Kate.Since she lived alone,this would be a major help.Sometimes they would even hunt together,but that was pretty rare.In conclution ,Kate gained something after her stressful time defending their pack.

But now let's focus back on Kate and Skaira.

They met pretty often,sometimes with Kairo figuring out,and others ,secretly.They were trying to come up with an idea or some sort of plan to make her pack trust Kate.In the end they decided a first approach would be to introduce Kate to their pack.

"Are you INSANE??" Mark didn't like the idea.."DO YOU WANT TO BE EXILED??" He raged. "Well do you have a better idea?" Skaira raised an eyebrow. "Yeah!! NOT do that!!" he replied. "But we gotta make a move already! And I believe a direct introduction is the...ok not the best way...but a good one." she explained. "Uhh no way..you-you..*sigh*...ok-ok sure..go ahead! Don't say I didn't warn ya.." he sighed in defeat.Skaira chuckled and set off to meet Kate and tell her the decision taken.

"Are you INSANE??" yelled Kate freaking out at the plan."Seriously..?" thought Skaira remembering Mark's reaction was similar."You too..? COME ON!! Why don't you agree?" she asked dropping her ears."If I showed up there...in front of them..Ohoho-BOY! Both you and me would be dead meat!" she explained."Nahh..I don't think so..." said Skaira.Kate raised an eyebrow in response."Look I know it sounds risky,but we gotta try! There's nothing to lose!".Kate eventually accepted,and prepeared herself for something she had never imagined she would do.

Later

"Father.." said Skaira as she walked towards her father.

"You're finally back.How was your...time..?"

"It was good,thanks father.But..There's..something I need to do"

Kairo looked at his daughter with an expression full of curiocity and question.Mark,shpwed up on Skaira's side.He looked a bit worried.

"Daughter what's going-"

Silence.Kairo's body froze.His eyes turned wider.He didn't believe it.

Skaira...had actually brought an outsider..to their territory..

Every other wolf present to the scene had froze too.

"Skaira...you...y-you didn't..!!"

"FATHER PLEASE GIVE HER A CHANCE!!Let her introduce herself! Let her stay for a while and get to know her! She's not that different!"

Kairo wasn't sure how to react.Kate stayed silent.She didn't want to speak until she was told to.Kairo hesitated...in the end...he let her speak.For now.

"Well...I do owe you for that hunt...so..ahh..fine go ahead.Let us know about you!!" he gave more emphasis to the last sentance.

"Greetings everyone.."she started"..My name is Katerina..please refer to me as Kate.It's a pleasure to meet all of you."

Some of the wolfs seemed thoughtfull and backed away a bit.Others had never seen a lion so they were just looking.Others approached.

"I want all of you to know.There's no need to hesitate to talk to me or aproach me.Although I do understand it doesn't feel right when you've all been told lions are enemies.But please listen to me.I come here to represent my species.I may be ashamed of my pride,but I do not believe all lions are the same.Please give me a chance.And if I prove myself worthy of your trust,consider making a new start with my species."

'WHY SHOULD WE!" a voice sounded from behind."All of you have been attacking us and killing us! Now you ask us to trust you??" a young female said.

"I understand what you mean.But as I said before,even if my pride has treated you wrong,it doesn't mean all lions would do the same." Kate explained calmly.

"YOU'VE GOT A NERVE SHOWING UP IN FRONT OF A WOLF'S PACK ON YOUR OWN! BETTER WATCH YOUR TONGUE!" another wolf said.

"My friend...the fact I came here to talk.."she said and moved her body to face him"does not mean I will not defend myself,if needed.So don't think I'm a pushover just cause your in a number advantage." she talked back at him. The wolf seemed annoyed,and glanced over at Kairo tp see if he is allowed to attack.Before Kairo could responde,Kate spoke up.

"Your highness..I wish your fellow followers would show me some respect.I came here silent.Didn't raise my tone.Never threatened anyone.So please do not treat me like that until you've heared me." she completed.

"You have stepped in foreign territory.I'm afraid what ypu're asking me is impossible." Kairo responded.

Kate took a moment to think.Then she acted.

"Very well then,if my words don't gain your trust maybe my actions will."

Kate has always been a proud lion.But for this to succeed she had to shallow her pride.She sat down on her knees and faced the ground,that was now only some inches away from her face.

"Please let me stay with you for a few days.If not as a member,as a visitor,servant or whatever.."

Skaira didn't believe Kate would be capable of such a thing.On the other hand Kate didn't either.The wolf's were not touched by her move.But still she stayed at the same potition.

"Let her stay!" said someone.

"What do we got to lose? She is outnumbered,she can't harm us.But we may get to achieve an ally.It's worth the chance.Who knows? Even if she is a lion,she may prove to be like a wolf." the brave canine came closer and helped Kate get back up.

"Please Sire...You did accept me..that I am a half dog half wolf creature..and also you do owe her your daughter's life don't you?"

This made Kairo thoughtful.Maybe he could give her a chance.Only one.

"Very well...But it shall only be one chance! If you do anything suspicious I will take instant actions!" he said and turned to walk away.Kate smiled softly and said before Kairo could disappear.

"Thank you for your acceptance! I will stay here after I deal with some buisness back where I live." and with her final words Kairo had now gone out of sight.

"Thank you...thank you a lot!! I am very grateful!" Kate thanked deeply the wolf that spoke up for her.Skaira did too.Mark could finally be relieved.It actually turned out fine.Soon Kate got back to her place with Skaira for companion.On their way they expressed their proud feelings and happiness that the first step to unite two enemies was taken.

"YES! We finally did it!! This is a victory! And you are actually gonna live with me!! Never saw that coming!" Skaira jumped all around excited. Kate couldn't help but chuckle at her cute reaction."I know right!" said Kate,and cracked a soft smile."And it was all your idea..Thank you! If you weren't brave enough to take that decision nothing would be done..!".Skaira simply shaked her head up proudly "Hehe! I know right! I'm a genious! It was indeed my idea!" she laughed."Hehe yeah it was! But I pulled it off!" the lioness taesed Skaira."Yeah,with me!" replied Skaira with a smirky face."Oh yeah??" laughed Kate playfully and jumped on Skaira.However the skilled wolf tunrned her around so that Kate got to be on the ground."Ha! Pinned Ya!" smirked the wolf."Yeah bravo! Now let go!"she chuckled evily and pushed her away.But nope.She didn't give up.She attempted to pin her again.But once more Skaira managed to get on top."Pinned ya,again! HAA! You ain't good enough for my level kitty!".

Happy little moments like this made them forget their differences completely and all their struggles.They wished the rest would understand.

Little did they know Kairo had sent two wolves to keep watch of them secretly.One of them run back to the pck and informed everything.What Kairo heared put him into even deeper thoughts.He still wasn't sure what to believe.Oh well.He would learn soon.

I'm sooo sorry for making this part so short TwT I had time limit..:'3 oh well i hope you like it!

New characters are to be announced..stay tuned!

Kate Out!~