Chapter 11 - Betrayal Of Mind

BEFORE YOU START!!!!

READ THE CHAPTER WHILE LISTENING TO THIS!!

I SUGGEST STARTING FROM 10:00!!! (or at least from the middle idk)

IT'S GONNA BE WORTH IT!!!! Now! Enjoy ^0^

A few weeks had gone by.Kate manged to make herself fit to the pack.Ofcourse she couldn't avoid a few wolves that still found it hard to trust an outsider,but she should be satisfied with what she got.

As time went by,she realised the conditions are at her disadvantage.When every wolf ate well,Kate found herself  starving after some hunts.The preys were not enough to satisfy her needs.So one day,she decided that if she was to improve the situation,she should go hunting by herself.She didn't dare to ask the leader for more hunting attempts just for herself.However, Skaira didn't really approve.

"Wait,are you sure you want to do this alone??" Skaira was worried that if she went alone she'd be an easy target.She also knew that her dear friend wasn't the best hunter.

"If you won't change your mind let me at least come with you!"

"No! I'm not putting you into danger!"

"But Kate! We've done this thousand times! You know you have more chances when I'm with you!"

Kate did not responde,she couldn't anyway.She knew Skaira had a point.But she still refused.

"Go with her where exactly?" Kairo appeared from behind a tree.He happened to hear a part of the convertation so he felt like knowing the details.

"Sir! Within the past weeks I've had trouble dealing with the meals provided to me.I understand that when the pack is so big in number no one gets the meal they wanted,but I'm also sure,the wolves' condition is better than mine.And no,I'm not in a place to request for more hunts,and put extra work to the pack.So I'm willing to go alone for hunting every once in a while." 

"I see...so that's the deal..Very well...I approve.But you are not allowed to have Skaira with you! I suppose you understand!"

"Believe me sir! I do!"

"Um hey! I'm here too you know! Father! Please! If I join her,she has more chances!"

"I don't really care about that...I only care for your safety.That's it! Dismissed!"

"BUT FATHER! SHE CAN'T GO ALONE!" 

"Skaira!! I know you want to help me, but please listen to your father! For this time!" Kate didn't hesitate to reply.

"I'm not letting you go alone." 

"What if I go with her?" a voice spoke.

"Mark?" Kairo was not expecting him to talk.

"What do you mean?" said Skaira turning  her head.

"Your father doesn't allow  you to join,neither does Kate,but you insist she needs help.How about it? I'll go with her in your place"

Everyone took a moment to concider his offer.In the end Skaira agreed first with a nod.Kairo and Kate agreed too.

"Very well..thank you Mark..I'm planning on leaving at night.How is that?"

"Fine with me!"

And so when every member of the pack would rest,Kate and Mark would go hunting.