Chapter 12 - Forgotten Purpose

Kate was at a loss of mind.She wondered through the trees and bushes on her own, thinking non-stop.The more she thought of what she had done,the wilder her thoughts grew.She tried her best to supress them but they kept haunting her.She knew that she had to put herself together.Be smart,reason things.She took a deep breath and finally stoped moving.If any other animal past her they'd think she saw something terribly scary.Her body was perfectly still and her gaze empty.She tried to clear her head.

"Ahh..ok Kate....don't lose yourself.Try to remember what happned before all that"

No matter how badly she tried,she couldn't recall what had accured before her madness began.The only thing she saw was the unconscious bodies of her friend's lying in front of her silently and the wolves surounding her,ready to attack.The guilt and regret didn't seem like they'd leave her alone.Desperate,she let out a small cry and layed herself down.

She was tired.Tired of all the hatred,of all the running,of all the fighting.She didn't wanna to fight anymore.And just like that,for a split second,she thought of something she never imagined herself thinking.

"Could they be right?"

The phrase echoed in her mind for some time.She squinted and quickly pushed it away answering to herself.

"No...ofcourse not.They would never be right"

The 'they' obviously refered to every creature that oposed her and skaira's ideas.To those who believed its terribly wrong for wolves and lions to form any kind of relationship,or impossible even.By thinking that they were right,even for that split second,it was like regreting her decisions.Regreting her experiences with Skaira.She felt ashamed and slapped her face with her paw only to react with an 'ah'.She looked down on her paw to notice a tiny bit of red.She tried to look at the right side of her face as she recalled something.

When she had Skaira pinned erlier,it seemed that she was starting to gain conciousness.Her mind was half blurred,but she did remember the look on Skaira's face and the slight annoyance coming from the right side of her face.She slowly stood up and walked some steps forward.A small lake was found between a few rocks and bushes.She lowered her head to take a more clear image of herself.

When she looked at her reflection,Kate used to see a warrior that fought bravely for what she believed.Yet now she saw a traitor.She wanted to look away,but she also wanted to look at the scar.Since it had been a while since the fight,the blood had somewhat drained and it appeared in a deep red colour.She reached to touch it once more.The image in the water kept staring back at Kate with those,full of shame,eyes.Soon the image turned blurry.Kate looked up and noticed a few drops that landed on her face from up in the clouds.She squinted lightly.The drops eventually thickened.She wasn't a fan of water,but she did like rain,so she sat down again.The rain reminded her of a few moments she had with Skaira

"So when is our next meet up gonna be?" young Skaira was very fond of their meetings,so she was always the first to ask this question.

"Uhh I don't knowww,maybe in 3 moons? There's a possibility we can meet in 1 even,my mom will be busy,she won't pay me too much attention."

"Sounds great! But can you not spit while talking??"

"What the hell are you-" Kate tried to figure out what she meant,when she also felt something hit her forhead.She realised and made a grin.

"I'm not SPITTING you idiot,it's raining.."

The two looked up in unison and Skaira let a small 'oh' feeling somewhat stupid.Yet Kate simply giggled.

"Ugh..perfect! More rainy days.." sighed Skaira

"Oh come on! Why don't you like the rain? I personally love it!"