Chapter 10

What had just happened?

First we were cuddling and the next he was sucking blood from my neck.

I tried to think all this over while being sick down my toilet, not a pleasant sight.

This couldn’t be happening, vampires were not real well not in my school anyway! The one place I thought I would be safe from all that but no one of my best friends is a vampire but I will not believe it until I hear the words ‘I’m a vampire’ come out of his mouth uh uh not at all.

I decided to go and question him, like I said I had to hear it to believe it or see it or something! I wasn’t quite sure what yet but I had to make sure before jumping to conclusions or something, for all I know he could just have been trying to give me a love bite and not thought his teeth would be that sharp, yeah bullshit.

“D, explain what you just done to me, I have to hear it come out of your mouth I don’t want to be scared of you but I sort off am” I said while slowly coming round the bathroom door.

“Lilz come sit down, I am really sorry I just I sort of like love you and I had to know what you tasted like so yes Lilly-Mae I am a vampire but I promise never to feed off you again unless you ask”

I actually stood there in shock, he just told me he was a vampire, what do I do? So I walked over to him and gave him a cuddle. What was I doing? I didn’t know but I did know I couldn’t’t lose D he meant to much to me and now he had fed of me I sort of felt like I owned him and I sort of loved him to.

It felt weird still being friends with D after he had just fed of me but he was my friend and if he was a vampire I guess I had to deal with it, I was not losing him.

Today was Monday and I knew I had school but what about my neck? How do I hide teeth marks and it didn’t look like a love bite it looked like someone had actually bit me and fed of me I needed help so I text D.

D came over as soon as I told him I needed help. I didn’t have any scarf’s or anything to hide it so D brought me a scarf over and told me I had to keep it on all day no matter how hot I got no one could see the bite, no one could find out about him or he will get hurt and maybe even killed.

At lunch I asked D if we could go to one of the fields around the school and just talk, I needed answers about his mum and dad and how old he really was because he defiantly was not 17 anymore in my eyes.

“So how old are you D? Where are your parents? How old are you really? Why are you here?” I suddenly came out with as soon as we sat down.

“Slow down Lilz, I will explain everything just give me a chance to sit down ha. It all started when I was 17, a gang well that’s what we thought decided to break into my house, they bit my mother and father but didn’t find me. As soon as they had bit them they left, off course they turned my parents and because they couldn’t control there hunger so fed of me until they realised I was almost dead and changed me to. They weren’t sure how to but thank god they figured it out otherwise I wouldn’t be sat here with the most beautiful and understand girl who I have ever met. When I was turned I was let’s say over the top, I fed off a different girl every night, got into trouble, and got arrested things like that which off course my parents defiantly did not agree with so I left. I haven’t herd from my parents in almost 175 years and I don’t plan on it, they were vile I hated them but later on in life I found the coven that changed me and they explained everything to me which as it is for you is very difficult to take in but I had to so I did. I tried living off animals instead of humans which I have been since I met you, you see I’ve never fallen in love while being a vampire but with you I am and I vaguely remember them saying something like once you feed off your love you will never love again and one day you will have to change her, so I’m sorry Lilz but one day I will have to change you because I cant live without you now but I wont do it until you tell me you want me to and that you are ready and if you ever want me to leave I will.”

I sat there gob smacked, what did I do now? I never wanted to lose him either and he just told me everything about him which he didn’t have to so now I feel as if I owe him but now he has told me he has to change me he owes me to.

If I didn’t want him to change me I would be lying because I did but I wasn’t to sure about Nath, I knew I was his first love and he was mine but I still felt as if I loved him to this day and what happens when I’m changed? Will he continue looking for me? What will my friends say? I can’t tell them I’m being changed into a vampire and I have to be as far away from them as possible because I would never want to risk feeding off them. No never they couldn’t live like this they had no reason to but I did have a reason, my love for D and D’s love for me.

“D, please explain to me what it will be like if I let you change me”

“Lilz it’s almost the end of lunch but we can skip if you like and just sit here?”

“Yeah, stuff school for now we have some serious things to talk about now go!”

“When I change you Lilz, everything will multiply, you will finally see why I have to change you and you will feel the love I feel for you, your pain will get worse for a few days but it will go and you will forget it, you wont forget any of your friends but you cant see them again because when your close to people you love your hunger gets worse that’s why I fed off you because I just couldn’t control myself. You will have to leave the world as you know it behind you and start over with me somewhere no one will ever find us, you have to change your name and hair colour but after a few years you get used to it and your friends and family will call off the search knowing you will never come back and yes it will hurt you as much as it will hurt them but you just have to come to terms with the fact of what you are and no that I wont judge you no matter what you do but you wont ever be able to feed off me ha. We can still be normal and some of us posses special powers like I can pick up on your emotions and know everything your feeling but when you hurt I hurt so that’s why I’m so close to you Lilly, please don’t ever leave me.”

“D, I promise to never leave you and when I tell you to change me, change me don’t waste time but I want to get to know what it’s really like first. I want to watch you hunt or you can feed of me I don’t mind but it might turn me on” I said while winking in D’s direction.

How do I tell Nath I’m leaving forever when I leave school? How do I tell my parents and the worst one off all, my best friends? They were going to flip but this was my choice and they couldn’t know I was running off with D because that would make it 10 times worse.

Oh god I forgot D could feel my emotions, I wonder what he felt because I wasn’t even sure how I felt let alone him. Did I really want to leave my whole life behind me and start a fresh as a vampire? I didn’t know but I knew I didn’t want to leave D and if I had to become a vampire to keep him I would do it no matter what.

Me and D talked for what felt like forever, we found the spot he would change me at and the date and time and just when I thought nothing could interrupt our moment my phone rang, great my mother was calling me and I’m sat with my best friend talking about becoming a vampire.