🌻7🌻

It's 5 in the morning when I started writing there so bare with me. (I'll post an A/N about that later but for now, take a chapter! Scram!)

I opened the doors to Kleinmen's and the smell if burnt and overly priced espresso beans fills my senses. Heather.

Some chick got hired yesterday and she actually sucks. She burns the coffee and mixes up the drinks. Her name is Heather or some shit but she's super nice, I guess.

I rush over to the counter and literally jump over. "God dammit, Heather." I mumbled.

He squeaks and wipes down spilt coffee on the counter. "I'm sorry!"

I look around. "Where's Angelica? Don't you guys work the same shift?" I pour burnt coffee out and start brewing myself some.

When you start working in this place, you can't stop drinking coffee after at least the first day. I'm probably going die. Yay!

"She had to go back to New York. Something about a family vacation to the lake? I don't know." Heather shruggedvand looked at Evan.

"Oh, hey! You're Ms. Hansen's kid aren't you? Man, she can talk for hours about you." She giggled.

Evan just nodded with his bright red face. I roll my eyes. "Geez, Mac. You're gonna give the poor kid a heart attack."

Evan's face gets even redder and gives me a look that makes me laugh.

Heather runs off to go make more coffee after I finish brewing mine.

I offer the plant kid something but he just replies with, "I don't drink coffee." That I just shrug off. I don't think he knows that we have teas, sodas, sandwiches, sweets, all that shit that you can find at Starbucks but like, 2x cheaper.

I sat in a counter top and he got a chair from a near by table and sat down. I watched as he twirled his thumbs around and kept his head down.

This is fucking boring. "So there's no way in hell I'm just gonna sit here with nothing to do so.. Shit, I don't know, What's your favorite color?"

He looked up at me, "m-me?" He pointed to himself and looked behind him. "No, I'm talking to my coffee." I scoffed sarcastically.

He smiled and played with the hem of his polo shirt. "That's hard. I-I think I have to go with baby blue."

I laughed, "figures." And he gave me a challenging look, completed with a smile. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You just seem like the type of guy to like all the 'light pastel colors'." I run my hands through my hair and laugh a defensively chuckle.

He crossed his arms with a fake hurt look in his face. "Not true!"

I give him an unconvinced grin.

"Give me one good reason why you think that."

I don't even have to think about this. "You work in a pastel flower shop, your shoes are pastel, and your favorite color is a pastel."

His face turned a bright pink, making me laugh harder.

"Fine, Mr. Detective, what's your favorite color?" He teased.

I looked at my clothes and my nails. "You really want me to answer that?" I joked.

He nodded with a grin.

"Black but if you say black is a fucking shade, not a color then dark purple." I stick my tongue out at him before finishing the last few sips of coffee.

He laughed and brought his knees up to his chest. "My turn to ask a question. What brings you here? I've never seen you around before.

" My parents wanted a break from me and my sister so we were forced to come live out here with our uncle." I shrug and try to toss my empty cup into a trash can but completely missed, making Evan clap sarcastically. I flipped him off, causing him to giggle.

After throwing away my cup properly, I asked him another question. "How to you know Jared?"

He looked down at his hands. "We're um.. Family friends."

It was quiet for a few moments but he gave raised his head up with a toothy smile. "My turn!"

"You don't have to answer this if you don't want to," He nervously tucked a few strands of his short blond hair behind his ear.

"Just ask, dude." I shrugged.

"W-what's your sexuality?" He stuttered.

I smile, pulling my leg up on the counter I was sitting on and slapping it. "Gayer than god himself~" I slurred in a stereotypical gay guy voice.

He laughed at my stupid shenanigans which made me smile. Why did he laugh at that? It was so stupid!

"I'm gonna turn your question back at you So, Mr. Hansen~ what's your sexuality?" I rest my chin on my hand and raise my eyebrow at him.

His face turned pink again when he answered. "I'm bi. I think.."

"Eh, you got plenty of time to figure it out. I think you just need to find the right sign to know. Hell, I knew I was gay after hearing my sister go on and on about this cute guy and then she showed me a picture and holy shit dude, he was fucking hot."

He nodded and smiled. "Yeah, I know for sure I'm bi."