🐰✝10✝🐰

I just want him to be happy.

He rested his chin on the top of my head and kept his arms wrapped around my waist.

"You know, I used to hate your guts." He spoke out of the blue ((uwu)).

"Yeah, I kinda figured that." I laughed. I mean, it really was obvious. I don't blame his either.

If I was him, I'd hate me too.

".. Hey, Ev?" He choked out, speaking rather softly.

"Yeah."

It sounded like he was nearly crying again. "What... What would you do if I said that I'm in love with you too?"

Oh my fern. Oh my fern oh my fern oh my fern.

I thought about it for a minute. "Well, for one, I think I'd let you know that no matter what, I will never let you go. And secondly, I think.. I-I'd ask if.. If you want to go to the arcade with me next weekend."

"Yeah, I would." He chuckled, sniffling a bit.

Who knew that big tough boy is a bit of cry baby. In a good way.

I guess next weekend is my only chance.

I can't screw this up.

"Jesus fuckin christ, it's cold." He laughed and pulled the blanket up.

"Yeah, I mean, it is the end of fall in Flagstaff." I shuffled a little resting somewhere on the middle of his chest and shoulder.

"Why did I have this idea again?" His voice dripping of regret but still laughing.

"I told you!" I laughed with him.

I felt him reach in his pockets, trying to find something. "What on earth are you looking for?"

"My cigarettes." He muttered.

"Are you out?"

He sighed and nodded against my neck where he resided when he gave up.

"Well come on then." I stand up, careful not to fall off.

"What?" I pulled him on his feet and grabbed his hand, leading him back to where he left the latter.

"We're going to get you more cigarettes, dumb dumb." I let go of his hand and started going down first.

"Now?"

I nodded. "Yeah, what else are we going to do?"

He sigh and shrugged. "What the hell."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

So we started walking to the nearest 7 Eleven.

Crickets chirping, snow being crushed underneath our feet, and out hands glued together. Two friends on a perfect night.

"Shit, I need a lighter too. I left mine back in Indiana." He groaned.

"Indiana, huh? I don't think you ever told me where you're from." I shivered a little.

Thank god everything is walking distance. It's a little town, so I'm not surprised. Everyone knows each other and there's really only two schools. The elementary and middle school, and the high school.

"Yeah, not much to talk about there. Went to school, sometimes skipped if I felt like it, came home, got high, and repeat." When he spoke, you could see his breath and he shrugged.

I just hummed in response. "I never went to parties like you see in movies. Nobody ever invited me. Zoe got invited to some but I think she only went to two." He continued.