🦋🐚8🐚🦋

As a peace offering for not writing in such a long time, I give you a chapter that was originally 3 chapters. I put them together.

Evan's POV (yeah, I know shocking!)

"I'm home!" My mom called out when I heard the door close.

"Did you um.. Pick up my meds?" I walked out of my room, watching her take her shoes off by the door and holding a bag of Chinese food.

"Aha! Yes, I did! I remembered this time!" She smiled, feeling I
Obviously proud of herself.

We plopped ourselves down on the couch and ate quietly.

Until she asked a question. "So how was your day?"

I smiled to myself, "it was um.. really good actually. I hung out with a friend-"

"EVAN, YOU HAVE A FRIEND?? " She squealed.

I nodded and she asked me billions of questions like his name and all that fun stuff (which I was happy to answer).

"Do you have his phone number?! Can you ask him if he wants to spend the night?! Ah! This is so exciting!" She bounced in her seat, completely astounded.

"No, but I have his email..?" I shrugged.
She got up and hugged me, "ah!  I'm so happy for you! Im going to Paul's so I can be out of your guy's hair! I'm so proud of you!" She rambled on, taking one last bite oh her food before leaving.

When she said hair, I thought of Connor's long hair. Jared said he looks like a school shooter but I think his hair suites him!

I didn't eat much so I put my food in the fridge and went to my room.

I grab my lap top and get under my covers. What? I'm cold!

I open up my email, seeing there's already an email from Connor. Darn, he beat me to it.

From HighHelloHowAreYou?@gmail.com

To IamTheLoraxISpeakForTheTrees@yahoo.com

Dear Evan Hansen,

Things are pretty rough over here. Me and Zoe got into another argument. Anyways, I took a walk to cool off and saw a tree and thought of you. So here I am. Mind if I stop by?

-Sincerely, Me.

He saw a tree and thought of me. How.. Thoughtful?

After a few minutes of typing and deleting, I sent my reply.

Dear Connor Murphy,

Sure! I was about to email you asking if you wanted to spend the night, over my mom's request. Not that I didn't want to as well, in fact, I think it'd be great if we hung out!

My mom is out with a friend right now so we can do whatever. Teenage rebellion!

Here's my address.
XXXXX, XX XX

Sincerely, Me.

I smiled to myself, that would've saved a lot of trouble.

-_-_-_-_-

After about 20 minutes, I heard a knock at the door. I jumped out of my bed, excited. I almost slipped on the hardwood floor but I didn't! Sort of..

I opened the door to be greeted by the familiar smell of marijuana and vanilla.

But it wasn't the Connor I'm used to. His sarcastic face and laid back tone was faded.

This Connor had a tear stained face and was shaking.

"Connor? W-what happene-" I was cut off by the tall boy hugging me.

I of course hugged him back, as he definitely seemed like he needed a hug.

"Sorry, I was in a seriously urge for a hug." He scratched his neck and smiled softly, sniffling a bit.

I closed the door and smiled. "No worries! You seemed like you needed it."

He just nodded and stared at me.

"Con?" I touched his arm and he shivered. He's so cold!

"Holy shit, you're so warm." He breathed, his eyes closed and pulling me closer to him.

"Connor, how long were you out there?!" I squeaked, trying to not blush when we pulled me closer and closer.

He shrugged and laughed, "long enough?"

I roll my eyes and pull him to my room. "Wow, Hansen, take me on a date first." He chuckled.

My cheeks grew hot and I covered my face.

I closed my door and threw him on my bed. I watched his pale face turn beet red. "W-what are you doing, Hansen?" He stuttered.

I ignore his question and climb on top of him, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Am I crushing you?" I lazily look up at him. He shakes his head and ruffles my hair.

We stayed like that for a while.

"Do you have a ladder?" He asked, completely out of the blue.

I look up at him confused. "Yes? Why?"

He smiles and picks me up, holding me up by my butt. I squeaked.

"Where's it at, Tree boy?" He rest his head on top of mine and walks out of my room.

"I-in the garage?" I stuttered and held onto him as if my life depended on it.

He walks out into the garage and scans the room for a ladder.

He shifted me onto his back and grabbed the ladder.

I asked a bunch of questions, but he ignored them all.

He went back to my room and grabbed my comforter. "Hey! My blanket!"

He reached his hand back and rubbed my head, smiling softly at me. "Relax. You'll thank me."

He's definitely a lot stronger than he looks. He's able to carry me, a ladder, and my comforters.

We walked out side and I shivered. "What are you doing? It's freezing our here!" I hide my face into his hoodie and my grip around his waist tightens. His scent stronger than ever.

"You said you wanted teenage rebellion, right?" He smirked back at me.

"I was joking!" I laugh, finally getting loose.

He shrugged, "well, he's a little taste of what teenage rebellion tastes like." He winked and I blushed.

He put the ladder against a wall, telling me to hang on tight.

He started climbing and when we were close to the top, he threw my blanket up on the roof and stepped on after it.

I let go of him and plopped down on the roof.

He sat down next to me and pulled the comforter over us.

"See? That wasn't so bad, was it?" He laughed, nudging me a little.

I shook my head. "No. But was it nessisary to carry me?"

He smiled at me, "You really want me to answer that, Hansen?"

I shook my head, smiling softly and looking up at the stars. "No, I think I got the idea."

He pulls me to sit in between his legs and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, resting his head on mine again.

We stayed silent, just enjoying the view.

"Con, can I say something.. Crazy?" I don't look back at him, keeping my eyes glued onto the night sky.

"This better not be a fucking Frozen reference, Hansen." He laughed.

But I didn't laugh. I just shook my head.

"Than shoot, Tree Boy."

I gulped. I can't believe I'm about to say this.

"I think.. I'm think I'm in love with you, Connor.."