Chapter two

POV NAMJOON

The boys rushed around to get themselves ready. We had one luck, they got out of little headspace so I could concentrate on my speech when we leave. "Boys, we need to go, just take everything you need to put on still and put it on in the car. We're leaving!" And just as I called that they stood ready in front of me. "Little devils." I smiled fondly and turned around and walked to the car.

I almost went into the car but turned because I left my notes inside, but Jin stood behind me with the cards in front of him. I gave him a dimpled smile and pecked his cheek as thanks. "What would I become without you?" there was a smile on my face when I asked it. "You'll be the worse president because you would forget everything." Came to the remark with a bright smile. "That I would indeed." There was a laugh behind us and I saw Jungkook and Jimin trying to imitate us. I chuckled. "Come on, we need to leave otherwise we'll be late and we can't have that."

We stepped into the car and we drove to Washington which was a two-hour drive. I read and changed the speech that Jin made for me so the grammar was used correctly. "Was my English alright? I forgot some words and needed to look it up, so I hope it is correct." I smiled at Jin and replied with a positive tone "Yes, it's really good, especially because you only use the English language for about two months." He smiled at me.

"Joonie hyung, can we look at it too?" I heard Jungkook ask. "Of course, here you go." I smiled at them and they tried to read and pronounce the speech. "You guys sound really good to have you been practising without me noticing?" They nodded and continued to read and pronounce the words with some correcting on my part.

When they finished, I knew that it helped me get all the words of the speech. It was a speech like I never heard before. "Jin, where did you get the idea of this speech from?" Jin thought a bit as if he forgot it. "It actually just came from the heart and I first wrote it in Korean, but later translated it in English." I smiled at him and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Thank you, it's the most beautiful speech I ever heard." Jin smiled at the praise and cuddled up to me.

"We're here." I heard the driver say and we stepped out and we got greeted by loud cheering when we got out. I stood still until we all got out and I held Jin his hand and we walked to the podium for my speech. While we walked there were a lot of cheers and some homophobic people calling slurs at us while we walked by. We ignored the slurs and greeted the people who reacted positively to us. We smiled, waved and talked to the people. We walked to the podium and I walked to the microphone to start my speech.

"I'm Kim Namjoon, also known as RM of BTS" I took a pause so people got quiet so they heard the beautiful speech that Jin made. "You know a dream is another name of something that expresses passion and we know that we breathe through music. If I stop the charger, then my heart also stops. My heart is still pounding with a moving dream, what makes you dream?" I wanted to continue my speech but Jimin took the microphone and said: "Excuse me! I just wanted to tell you good sir that you look cute!" He did a Korean heart to someone and I saw that he did it to Min Yoongi. I laughed a bit at the irony that he didn't even know that the person he found so cute was the very same person who he thought as scary. Well, Yoongi now has his natural black hair and not a lot of make-up on so he looked indeed quite cute. Just like a kitten. I now get where the fan name Lil' Meow Meow came from.

The audience went wild and screamed, I heard some homophobic slurs thrown at him and I looked at Jimin and he just smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up so I knew he didn't care what others said. Or he doesn't understand them, that could be it. I chuckled at this smol innocent little gay bean. "Oke, that's enough Jimin." I smiled at him and took the microphone over to continue my speech.

After the speech, we went to the hotel we booked and we checked in. We decided to stay in DC because tomorrow the results of the voting will come out and I'm more nervous than I anticipated.

"Oke guys, tomorrow the results of the voting will come out. I don't think we'll win, but if we do, we need to be at the white house at three pm." They nodded so I knew that they understood and we all went to bed so we are well rested tomorrow. I laid down in my bed with Jin and we cuddled up and we dozed off.

"Namjoon, wake up. We're going to be late if you don't wake up right now." I opened my eyes and looked at the alarm clock and saw that it was eleven thirty. "Why didn't you guys wake me up earlier, the results are already out and I don't have another speech. Wait, who won?" Jin grinned at me and showed me the news page with the headline: 'Kim Namjoon for president'

My mouth fell open and I smiled so wide that my dimples were deeper than ever before. If I make a top three of happy moments in my life it would stand on number two. Only my marriage with Jin stands above it.

"We did it! Now I just need to make a speech and you actually also need to do a speech Jin." I scratched the back of my head. "Why do I need to have a speech?" He sounded quite worried about it. "You are the First Lady now, or when I become the president officially." He looked really worried and I smiled at him. "You'll do great, I'll help with the speech making. I also looked at the law and it never said that a man can't be the First Lady." We both smiled at each other and started to make the speeches that we needed a few hours later. Normally this doesn't happen, but because we didn't think I would win we forgot about the speeches.