What Happened After

'Thoughts'
Inner
"Speaking"
Disclaimer : I do not own Naruto only my OC's

—————————————————————

"Sometimes, you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been to stand back up taller than you ever were"

______________________________

Two years ago

"HURRY AND STOP THE BLEEDING"

Doctors and nurses were running around what was left of the hospital. They were trying to heal as many people as they could. Countless lives were lost already. Doctors were screaming directions and they even dragged in some ninjas for help. Chakra pills were being taken left in right as they tried to save as many lives as possible.

And then in the middle of all the chaos, two more people were brought in. Nearby people grimaced at the wounds. A baby was also brought in, its crying was drowned out by all the other noise. As soon as someone noticed who these people were they sent as many doctors they had available at the moment to commence the surgery that would be needed.

Once news spread about how injured Minato and Kushina were, many people prayed for their wellbeing as the doctors did the best they could. After five hours of surgery, they had successfully saved the both of them.

- - -

Kushina sat in a makeshift hospital bed, a bundle of yellow in her arms. She gently sang to the baby Naruto while slowly rocking him in her arms, a loving smile on her face. She didn't know how she survived, but she wanted to thank whoever saved her and her husband. Why they would keep their identity hidden, she didn't know.

A while after the day she was supposed to die she sensed something amiss. After further investigation she found a seal enchantment. It looked to be created to keep the face of whoever gave her that necklace a secret. Yes, she had figured out the necklace had something to do with this. And upon further inspection she found traces of an old seal, though most of it was destroyed when the necklace had broken. So there was no way to recreate it.

Anyway back to the seal blocking her memory, something was wrong with it. A seal of this simplicity would be easy for her to undo quickly. But when she tried to undo it, it didn't work. A greater power was keeping it in place, a foreign power. She had Minato take a look at it as well. He too tried to undo the seal. It didn't work, but something else happened.

A kanji for protected was found on the back of Minato's neck after the attack. It couldn't be taken off by normal means. But when he tried to deactivate Kushina's seal it had immediately glowed and burned the back of his neck, exactly what happened when the necklace shattered during the nine tails attack. That made him sure it was the same person. They were sure there was something else here they were missing because GOSH DARN! It was not even a complicated seal! Kushina could make it with her eyes closed!!!

But after a while of tampering with it, she knew she wouldn't be solving this mystery anytime soon. So she settled on raising her son, she would work on this seal and mystery magic another time. Minato on the other hand said he would keep working on it, after all a seal that wasn't deactivating after many attempts and was put on his wife undetected is worrisome.

- - -

Kushina was watching a happy Naruto play with a pink rose when she finally remembered something. Pink...pink!?! She could remember a bit from that time. A head of pink, red or blond had walked up to her and Mikoto. Wait... Mikoto was there too!! How could she forget! Yeah it was a small child with colored hair. She couldn't remember the exact color, but she was sure it was blond a light pink or red.