Chapter 1

Newcomer:

Sitting at the edge of the window sill, a silver eyed teenager watches the twinkling stars from up above. He hums in thought and tilts his head, hair falling from his shoulder. For hours at night, his master would get upset about how he would sit in the cold without any coats or blankets but today, he said he was going to be out until early morning. There was nothing to entertain himself rather than just staring at the same stars.

After another minute or so, he hopped off and trotted over to the kitchen. In the basket there was a luscious valentine colored apple bunched in with other fruits. He was careful not to wither it as he slowly pulled it from the woven bowl. Fruits were the only thing he would snack on to maintain a healthy diet. After awhile, the food started tasting the same.

Once he ate down to the core, he rotted the item, threw it away, and prepared for bed. Staring at the wooden beams, he thinks again about what the world could be like. He chuckles. It was an action he learned from one of his master's victims. "So stupid," he whispers to himself. "You're never going to see what's out there."

He woke up to a gentle shaking as well as a light that leaked through the hole from the ceiling. "How much longer do you plan on resting?"

Xehanort stretched his arms and sat up, gazing up at the hooded figure. "Sorry. I must've slept later than I thought last night. Did you have to climb again?"

The master doesn't answer and turns from him, picking something from his bag before handing it over. In hand was an odd looking utensil. It looked familiar because he had once saw a person hold one before and held it against him threateningly. He gave him a questioning look.

"You will learn to prepare food for yourself today. I will be going on a trip this afternoon and I will not return until a couple of days." He strolls along into kitchen. "Come, Xehanort."

The teen throws himself from the bed and follows behind. During the hour, he learned how to cut and season vegetables. Every now and then, a carrot or a slice of celery would rot under his touch and he would sulk for at least a full five minutes before returning to the task at hand.

"Sorry about the carrots. I know you went far to get them," he says after blowing at his soup.

"Be at ease. I have brought many for a reason," he simply responded as he sipped at the warm mixture. "It's not so bad for your first try either."

Both of them remained quiet for the remainder of their breakfast. Xehanort was secretly pleased that he was able to cook for himself after so long. Maybe he could cook for his master one day. He knows Xemnas had his reasonings for keeping him away from the ingredients. He, at least, allowed him to watch.

The evening was spent cleaning. Dust would tickle his nose and result in a sneeze which earned him a quick "bless you" every time. There was always a surprising amount of particles that accumulated over a week which often left him actually busy. Cleaning days were his favorites because he had something to occupy himself with.

"Make sure to bring tons of fruits when you come back, Xemnas. We may be running low." Xehanort wishes he could help him down with his hair but he knows that that would certainly kill him. His hair wasn't even long enough.

"I understand. Do take care of yourself during the meantime." In a blink of an eye he slid down the rope and vanished from his vision.

He stood there and pulled up the incredibly long rope and packed it away before he went back to the kitchen. Pancakes was something he was able to make but it was a bit more difficult than soup. A chick would always pop from the egg before he could even open it almost every time he attempted to make the treat. Xemnas had told him that soup was a better option.

Xehanort was jumping on his feet when he managed to crack the egg this time but also disappointed that his master wasn't there to see him do it. He grabbed the edge of the pan and flipped the awaiting pastry once, just barely catching it. Poking at it with a fork, he folds it a little to test if it still needed more time.

While simultaneously pulling up a plate, he flips the pancake into the air and lands it onto dish. He grins at his accomplishment and slices a small piece to eat. His heart stopped when he heard something from the main room.

Pan and fork in his hands, he peaks from the door frame.

"My gods, I can't believe I survived that."

He was in shock when the boy lifted his head from the ground to look at his surroundings. Xehanort slips away from sight and places the fork down gently on the plate, sneaking behind the black haired boy with a vice grip on the handle of his pan.

"What an odd place. Does someone live here or something?" He turns around and is immediately knocked out.

The silver stares down at the unconscious body, unsure of what to do. When he stirred, he smacked it again for safe measures. As he gazes silently, he backs away. "What have I gotten myself into?"

◻ ◼ ◻ ◼ ◻ ◼ ◻ ◼ ◻ ◼ ◻

So this is where my imagination brought us?

[05|27|19]