Chapter 15

Tear in The Silk:

   Screaming. Shouting. Crying. It all violated his ears and he was unable to stop them.

   Because he hadn't been able to keep up with Eraqus, he was being carried on his back, leaving him to do all the work. But he didn't complain about it at all. He was too focused in keeping him safe.

   Xehanort looked behind them and saw the battle draw near. Faster than they were going. Soldiers left and right flooded the streets, civilians were being evacuated, and the sun burned brightly. He tightened his grip around Eraqus.

   Then the raven took a sharp turn into an alley, just barely avoiding the crowds that caught up to them. His silver eyes watched as children, elders, and parents raced down the steep hills of Scala ad Caelum who almost unable to keep their footing. He turned to the one behind him. "Are you alright, Xeha?"

   The latter was stunned momentarily before he nodded, wiping the left half of his face. "I'm okay. Just a scratch."

   Eraqus narrowed his eyes and set him down to inspect. Those piercing eyes remained on the cut on his cheek, seemingly wishing the person who did it would just disappear. Maybe he actually did want it to be true. He bent down a little and leaned his forehead on one of the 'X's on his shoulder. The cut stung as his hair brushed against it. But then he began to hum.

   He paused before he continued. "Xeha, do you mind covering your eyes? Maybe your ears too?"

   It was already hard enough to hear him through the shouting but he obliged anyway, tightly closing his eyes and bringing his hands to his ears. Eraqus leaned into his face, allowing him to feel the vibrations of his vocals. The stinging gradually began to fade after each second and soon enough, it was completely gone.

   When he felt him move away, he opened his eyes.

   He didn't ask and he didn't answer. The two exited the dark alley and ran with the crowd with hands linked tightly together. The people were persistent. Half ran away while the other rushed towards the wreckage.

   Their grips couldn't hold on any longer and eventually, were torn apart.

   Eraqus turned in shock and shouted his name, only for it to be washed away by the other sounds and down the kingdom. Xehanort was pushed back up. Back to the occuring battle.

   "Eraqus!" he yelled. It was almost a scream. Then, there was a hand on his shoulder.

   "Hurry, Xehanort. We have to leave." The silver flipped his head around and saw a strange brunette who held strikingly resemblance to Vanitas. Besides the hair color and attire, he would've thought it was his friend that had left the other day. "I'll explain everything once we're out of here. Stay close," said the stranger.

   His instincts were rarely wrong so he followed after glancing back one more time. He thought he saw someone else grab Eraqus.

   Once again, he ended up at the square where the dance was held during the festival. It wasn't as crowded as the streets but there was still a lot of people. The brunette turned towards him again and stared with sky blue eyes. "Call me Sora. I'm one of Vanitas' brothers and this kingdom really needs your help."

   Vanitas stared at Roxas with a suspicious eye. "So you're telling the truth?"

   The blond got off of the rails and turned towards him with indifference. "Tell me; do I look like I'm lying? I clearly look like Ventus don't I?"

   The onyx bit his lip, obviously unable to refute that. "If you were always at the tavern, how come I've never seen you before? It was almost like you've never existed," he muttered with confusion.