Chapter 16

Link#3
Eraqus:

   "High priest! High priest!" A top a tree branch stood a small boy with wild raven locks flapping about on his head. He waved at the man with a wide, prideful grin.

   "Your Highness, please get down from there! His Majesty would have my head if you get hurt," called the man from below.

   The boy at the age of four sat down, turning his head to the side. "They'll hurt you and never me! I don't wanna listen to you!"

   Standing under the branch, the high priest brushed a hand through his salt and pepper hair and sighed. "If I have to call His Majesty then so be it."

   That seemed to spark a reaction from the child. He scrambled to reach the base of the tree. "I'm getting down, I'm getting down! Don't call father!"

   "Ah Young Highness, you're so adventurous but you need to learn to control that wild curiosity of yours."

   Pouting, the raven crossed his arms. "But I just wanna play. Everyone here is pretending to have fun when they play with me and it makes me really mad," said the boy. "Even you don't play."

   The high priest let out a slow breath and knelt down to his level, placing a hand on his small shoulder. "This person is very busy trying to take care of you. Sometimes I'm very tired so I won't be able to play with you whenever you wish."

   "Then why can't I play with other kids?" he asked eagerly, eyes looking up with high expectations.

   "Silly child, not many children can use the sword as well as you. You might hurt them," explained the man.

   His cheeks puffed and he marched away. "I can just heal them anyway," he grumbled.

   At the entrance to his room, two women greeted him respectfully and opened the large double doors with much ease. They closed it behind them after the high priest made his way in.

   His room was unique and was always very…bright. On the walls hung shiny chains made with pure silver, bent and spread out in a pattern that surrounded his large room. In the middle near a wall was a queen sized bed with satin surrounding its every edge.

   Despite all he had, the boy sighed sadly and flopped face first on the soft cushion. High priest came over and asked, "What is it that's troubling you?"

   "I want a friend," he said directly, propping himself up with his elbows. "My chest feels very strange every time I think about it."

   He sat on a chair next to the bed and tilted his head. "You are lonely. A prince like you, who's admired and worshiped by many alongside his father, His Royal Majesty, is lonely."

   "I—"

   "I understand," he continued. "You are so mature already at such a young age. Greatness truly awaits you and soon, you will find someone that will be your everything."

   His brow rose as he listened to him. "My everything?"

   Quietly, he dismissed the two young ladies and when they were out and the door clicked shut he spoke, "They will be very precious to you, meaning that you will care about them a lot and you'll want to stay by their side for as long as possible."

   Another question was coming to emergency but was interrupted by a few aggressive knocks at the door. "Your Highness," the voice called. "His Majesty requests for you and the High Priest's presence!"

   The two looked at one another and then stood immediately.

   Within the meeting room was a roundtable surrounded by about a dozen chairs, a little over half occupied. His father, in the center, nodded at the man that informed them and he ran off after bowing.