Chapter 12

Link#2
Xemnas:

   The MoonStone, an ancient artifact that was known to only be a legend of death for many centuries, had been discovered by a man and was wielded during the war between the golden and silver kingdoms.

   After many years of use, it was eventually stowed away at an area inhabited by no one but himself for the time being.

   Every day, that man would come and worship the stone, in hopes for a certain death. But no matter how much he tried, his wish would not come true. Could not come true. Fore, the stone was simply not capable of doing so.

   Day after day, year after year, he would always come back to visit the blue crystal in high hopes that it will fulfill his one wish of that certain death and every time he earned no response, silently, he grew disappointed.

   One day, as he came back from battle and was heavily injured, he met a woman who was singing a seemingly sweet lullaby at a lake. The lake of the stone seemed delighted and glew vividly.

   The two had only met by coincidence but continued to talk more and more and soon enough, they became good friends. She tended to his wounds, cared for him, and supported him and he did the same for her. Just a few days after meeting her, he had stopped visiting the lake and they would meet up at the kingdom.

   The woman was adorned by everyone because of her caring nature and gratitude towards the smallest things. They'd gift her with flowers, dresses, books, and brushes as she would help them tend to fields, animals, and children when parents were busy. All of them were so happy to see that she found someone to love when she returned with the soldier.

   At first, they respected him out of fear but soon got used to his presence and started approaching him. All of them were surprised that he had such a kind heart. He would assist the blacksmith with tools, stayed up all night just to watch over the small part of town, and would even host buffets every now and then for those in need. They never ran short on money because they were always gifted with plenty of golden coins.

   For awhile, he was only a commander in the army but he slowly raised to a first class knight of the thrones. He spent his fundings on the surrounding towns along with his companion and unknowingly grew a very large reputation over the years.

   But as soon as he did, an assassin was caught poisoning the food of the royals and in the end, they were too late. The man was imprisoned and sent to be executed for murder.

   Everyone in the kingdom, even the knights, adored this soldier and that woman so much that they gave them the name of king and queen even after they insisted they shouldn't. The man, worshiped for his bravery, took the crown after many months and asked the young woman, who cared about the people of the kingdom, to be his bride.

   Not long after, a friend of his had returned from a battle of his own and paid his respects. He accompanied him into the castle as a brother and together they kept the secret of the MoonStone hidden.

   But that didn't last very long.

   It was almost time for the young prince to be born and that brother was sent out to find medicine to help the queen. Little did he know that he had held so much resentment in him from the start that he had already planned to steal the throne for himself.

   The friend he thought was the same as him had betrayed him.

   In the beginning, he knew not the reason to her death and thought it was normal and when he returned to the lake to question, the aura was gone. It was stolen.

   As he ran towards the white castle, he stumbled upon a small trio in an alley. Was there people like this everywhere? He had been too busy to notice.