Chapter 3

A Faint Glow:

   As he dangled from the gigantic stone cylinder, the boy had many troubles settling down his rapid breaths. "You're...insane," says Xehanort with small crack in his voice.

  Eraqus yanks the dagger out and lands on the grass with a roll. "Life is so much more fun if you take risks. Come on down, Xeha! It won't kill you, I promise." He hears him mutter angrily but couldn't really make out the words as he experimentally taps the dark, moist grass with toes of his foot.

  He instinctively recoils away and held with two hands. "...I hate you so much," groans the silver as he places his feet on the cold rock. Xehanort pulls it out and falls back to be caught by Eraqus who gave him a look of triumph.

  "I warned you, Eraqus."

  The rope was piled on the ground from when they both fell, blending in the darkness as midnight overcame them. There was no way that they were going to get back up there now. Both their knives were severely damaged and would break after jabbing it another hit or two. It was also getting too cold for him to be able to wait out here for an entire day.

  "Ready to go?" he asks.

  He looked over his shoulders, trying to adjust to the newfound darkness. As he released him, he ushered him along into the depths of the mysterious forest, occasionally having to grab at his hood so he wouldn't go wandering off.

  "Sheesh, you're such a lost cause, Xeha."

  Eraqus spotted a wooden structure and unnoticeably looked back at the curious other. He could clearly see the glow now it was darker. It did have a sign of gold but it was mostly just a heavenly white.

  "What are you looking at?"

  He flinched and snapped his head away. "Nothing. We should find somewhere to sleep at before we freeze to death."

  Xehanort tilts his head. "I suppose. Though I don't really mind the temperature."

  It was an open tavern so they let themselves in. He could see the blond that stood next to a redhead when they entered. Behind them, a large group of people sat and examined them. "Welcome them," says a man at the bar who chugged a beer.

  The blonde shuts his eyes and groans. "I hate that I have to rely on you to live," he says moving from his chair and towards them. "Okay, obviously you need munny to stay here. A hundred per person." Eraqus silently curses. "The main drinks here are free but exclusives cost a hefty amount of cash so just get some juice or something. I and many welcome you."

  From the table next to them, the redhead pats the table. "Enjoy your stay, got it memorized? Snacks should be sent over shortly." A dangerous smirk came from him and he didn't like it.

  The dark haired teen pays up and lets out a silent scream as he made his way up to the room. Once he closed the door, he walked just a few feet before falling onto the thin cotton bed. "Sure beats a wooden chair," he mumbles, hugging a pillow. To the left of him, he could hear the boy settle down onto the floor. "What're you doing?"

  They make eye contact. That glow from before was no longer visible in the candlelights. "You said we have to sleep so I am."

  "On the floor?"

  "Is there a problem?"

  Eraqus lifts himself by the elbows "It's not…uncomfortable?"

  "It doesn't really matter. The bed is far too small for the both of us to be comfortable." He had a point.