Chapter 4

Link#1
Vanitas:

   The thirteen people stood silent as this small, black haired teenager interrogated them. None cared much for the royal soldiers so he didn't get as much as a word from a single body. They knew better than to give away Eraqus' location given that Xehanort was currently with him.

   "Sorry, Kiddo," said Braig with a wave of his hand. "I'm pretty sure that we would know when a wanted thief strolled into our tavern."

   As Ienzo finishes wiping down the cups he says, "If so, we would have already killed him for the prize money. Perhaps an ambush before he even opened his eyes. It is very...unfortunate."

   "This wouldn't be the first time you accused of something like this, Vanitas," sighs Xion.

   "It seems like you should learn your place, midget."

   "Elrena, it's not right to provoke a headstrong child such as him." Lauriam gives a sideways smirk. "You know that."

   The young knight releases a low growl and proceeds to examine the area only to find nothing. Once they were sure he was out, they sighed out a breath of relief.

   "You almost gave us away, Ien." Lea says first.

   "Ah, I deeply apologize."

   Luxord wins with a royal flush once more against Demyx. "You've done nothing wrong, Ienzo. I can tell that most of us almost slipped up," he says, shooting a glare at the one in front of him. Demyx chuckles nervously.

   "I wonder if we actually did something good for once. What do you think those two are doing at this very moment?" Isa asks, leaving them with their thoughts again.

   At the back of the tavern, Vanitas had found a latch in an empty tree stump. He had found a few more and all seemed to be following towards the same location. The kingdom. Maybe this was how those other thieves managed to get away so quickly.

   He scoffs. "They'll probably make the excuse of using it to avoid thieves."

   Night was emerging quicker than he had noticed. He was lucky enough to have been born with better eyesight in the darkness rather than light or else he wouldn't have been able to see the very dim light in the distance. Those hours of walking finally paid off.

   What he found wasn't exactly what he was looking for. For a moment, he had mistaken the boy as a girl seeing the elbow length hair. The fire that stood between them crackled. "Hello there," he said, sipping his drink.

   Vanitas was dumbfounded by the informal response. "What exactly are you doing out here on your own?"

   "You know, I could ask the same about you. Are you following me or something?"

   The onyx narrows his eyes. "Are you questioning a soldier?"

   "Soldier? You look far too young to be a soldier."

   "Shut it."

   "Oh, feisty as well," he grins.