Chapter 7

Kingdom Heart Attack:

   "Okay, time to go to prison," said Vanitas as soon as they set foot into the kingdom.

   "Hey, hey, wait a minute. Why don't we relax? I know they have apple pies here so why don't we get some?"

   Xehanort nods lightly. "I'm sure that even soldiers need a break once and awhile. Besides, you know this place better than anyone here, don't you? Do you mind showing us around?"

   That was all it took to convince the boy. A handful of kind words and reason was somehow thrown out the window. They were soon exploring the best restaurants, places for sightseeing, shops, entertainment centers, and the buildings that were connected to the air trams that hung above.

   Eraqus didn't lie about how amazing this place was. The imposing windmills spun slowly, white buildings blinded brightly, and the body of water that surrounded the palace was absolutely splendid. They first went to a shop. Xehanort needed some damn shoes.

   "The cheapest kind but also the nicest looking," said Eraqus with a grin.

   The cashier, who was currently reading a book, was about to answer him. But when she saw Vanitas walk up beside them, she froze. "P...Please, get anything you'd like. Consider it my gift to you, Sir Vanitas." None of them missed the blush that crept onto her cheeks.

   "Yeah, thanks, Naminé."

   The onyx turns from her with Eraqus and Xehanort closely following behind toward the shoe section. "Do you know her?"

   "Nope, just read the name tag."

   The raven lets out a long whistle. "You sure are the lady charmer, Vani."

   "Call me that again and I'll hang you out at the square without any of your clothes."

   He gasps dramatically. "You wouldn't dare."

   While they were already there, the two decided to get new clothes. Since Eraqus had huge hole in his sweater because of someone and Xeha's was old, faded, and a bit oversized, it was time for an upgrade. Vanitas recommended that the two would select casual wear so they would be spotted easier.

   He went back to the blonde cashier and asked about the types of sweaters and shirts they had. She looked up from her book and nodded, sitting up from her seat. Naminé guided them through the small store and picked out what would suit the two boys best. To make it easier they got clothes that looked alike.

   This shop had very little people that visited because of how hidden it was. That allowed them all the time they needed to pick out something. The poor girl wasn't able to finish a page before the knight kept coming back. It took a whole hour and a half to pick out something nice and simple.

   "There you go, simple and clean," she said with a smile.

   "Looks awesome," says Eraqus who checked himself out in the mirror.

   "Very comfortable." His sweater had a dark hood and at the end of his short sleeves were trimmed with black cloth. To the right of his waist was a large ink colored capital 'I' to showcase the brand. He wore a simple black long sleeved shirt but at his chest resided a white 'X'. Eraqus had the same design of course but everything was the complete opposite in color and the 'I' was on the opposite as well.

   "You're damn lucky that we got these for free or else I'd make you clean the streets to earn it."

   "Thanks and no thanks."

   When Xeha tried to thank him all he responded with was, "It's the least I could do." That left him confused with what he actually did that helped him.