Chapter Twenty Eight

What does this mean? Was my question now, does it mean we are a little voice cut off my thought.

"Mommy!" I turned around to see Carrie running up to me, I looked behind her, it was a smiling Xylia.

Was she for real? She was so beautiful, beside her was a little girl's hand, she was so cute.

"What a great sight indeed, seeing you two together warms my heart. And we had a great time with Carrie, right Cara?" She asked the little girl beside her and she nodded her head frantically and giggled.

"I'm so sorry, I forgot about the meeting up with you after the dinner," I said as soon as I remembered what she had said earlier.

"Lily, you don't have to be sorry, I should be the one saying sorry here... I came at the wrong time, I'd go now." She said as she took a hold of Daisy's and Cara's hands.

"Hey, you-" before I could finish she had already walked out. "You wanted her to be here? At this moment?"

No, but I wanted to get to know her. She is nice and seems fun to hang out with. "No, but I want Io to spend time with her," I told him.

"I know." He replied. If someone had told me this some time ago, I wouldn't have believed it. I never thought he would ever like me and neither did I thought I would ever like him too, I just saw him as a handsome arrogant man.

"When did you start liking me?" I blurted out. I just wanted to know. There were so many questions running through my mind and I couldn't process them. Suddenly there was a heavy storm. Everywhere was suddenly cold. Running back into the house, "wait, that's no-" Xavier said. But I had already opened the door.

I looked at the place with awe, it was really beautiful, with the cool song playing in the background and it was also dimmed lighted.

It was a bar, but nobody was in it. "It's cool, isn't it?" Xavier asked from behind. "Yes, it is." I walked to one of the chairs, it was really warm in here.

Sitting on it, I continued to look around with my eyes. I stopped when I noticed Xavier staring at me, once again my face turned pink. Walking towards where I sat he took a seat.

"You asked when I started liking you?" He asked. I finally dared to look him in the eyes. "Yes."

"The first day we met." He said immediately, everywhere suddenly turned hot. He didn't even hesitate. "Why is it suddenly hot?" I asked nervously before picking a glass cup with water in it and drinking it whole.

Wait, that wasn't water. "I don't know." He said taking a glass that was beside the one I took and drinking what was in it. "Yeah..." It was suddenly awkward.

"A-are you and Paisley still together?" The stupidest question ever, of course, they are not!

"No." He replied. I watched him take another glass, it was so tempting to drink more. I tried to control myself but failed miserably as I took another glass and gulped it down. This was so unlike me.

~
[Sorry for the skipping]

My head. It was hurting so bad. Placing a hand on my head, groaned. What happened? And why was my head hurting so bad?

I slowly opened my eyes, it was blurry at first but became clear a minute later. The room was unfamiliar. I snapped my head to my left-hand side when I heard someone groan.

Jesus.

It was a naked Xavier, the other half of his body was covered with a blanket, and my eyes widened. I slowly looked at myself.

Did we? Had we?

I searched for something in his eyes, I couldn't see anything but confusion... And pain?

Oh, his head was hurting too.

~

I was currently with Layla and Carrie. "How was the dinner?" Layla asked, "it was fine." I muttered.

After waking up with Xavier next to me, I nearly freaked out. I know I should have freaked out about having... That with him, but I freaked out because I couldn't remember a thing.

And we had talked about this, I guess. It had got more awkward. At least, he wasn't a jerk, right?

Did I regret having sex with him? No. I regretted that I couldn't remember a thing about it.

"Okay, you must be tired, go sleep. I'd prepare something for you two to eat." She said. I didn't want to stress to her, "no. I'd do it myself, you... Go seat down." I couldn't even think straight.

My phone buzzed. Unlocking the phone, it was a text message.

'Hey, are you okay?' It was from Xavier.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Layla asked again. I smiled. It felt so nice that she was asking me that. Growing up, she had never asked me that.

"Yes," I replied.

"Okay, and no. I'd be the one to prepare something for you two, go and relax." She said walking towards the kitchen without waiting for my reply. I sighed. "Come, baby," I said to Carrie, holding her by her arm, and we walked to my room.

She climbed onto the bed, where her teddy was. Sitting on the bed, I looked at my phone.

And there was another text, 'please, answer me.' I was really happy, he was worried about me and had already started texting me even when he had just brought us home.

'I'm fine.' I replied to him.

'I'm sorry.' I added.

'Shouldn't I be the one saying that?' He replied.

I don't know why, but tears streamed out of my eyes.

'We need to talk.' He texted before I could reply.