Chapter 14

As he began to walk, my hands balled up in fists, hitting his back to no avail. He ignored my protests and held me tightly so I couldn't escape. Red clouded my vision and any coherent thought in my head disintegrated. I was livid. And that's when I lost it. The control I had held onto for years, scared of what would happen if I let it loose? It was gone. That submissive part of me was gone. And in its place was a woman who saw the world through a new set of eyes. And she was fucking pissed.

With inhuman strength, she brought her knees to Negan's side, hitting him in the ribs hard enough for him to loosen his grip on her. The blow also caused him to stumble on his feet, losing his balance. She took advantage of that, escaping from the confines of his arms while simultaneously grabbing ahold of his wrists. Although there was a significant height difference between the two, she lunged at him, bringing him to the ground with a resounding thud and a groan. She straddled him, pinned his arms to his sides, attempting to prevent his retaliation. But he didn't retaliate. He didn't even move. He laughed.

"Oh, now we're getting somewhere," he said approvingly. "By the way, I'm fifty percent more into you now."

I began to feel more connected with myself again, no longer seeing red, but seeing things for what they were. I scoffed at him.

"And where's that, Negan?"

"You right now? That move you just pulled? That was a goddamn masterpiece. It was primal. It was fuckin' hot! But you know what made it so damn perfect? It was you, the real you. Not the submissive little girl you were being earlier. No, it was full on, one hundred fuckin' percent you. That's what I wanted to see!"

He shifted underneath me and for a second, I felt just how much he liked it. But then I rolled off of him and stood up, not because of my embarrassment, but my pride. If he was serious about this, he was going to have to work for it. I stared down at him still laying there, his hands now behind his head, looking incredibly satisfied...

"You planned that, didn't you? The whole caveman "you're my woman" shit?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

He stared up at the trees, grinning. "Of course I fucking did. I did what was necessary. What you needed. Hell woman, the way you slammed me to the ground like that? I'm gonna be hard for a week thinking about how your—"

"Stop!"

"Your call. But like I said, I did what was necessary. Even at the expense of me getting my ass handed to me. It fuckin' worked," he paused, looking up at me.

"How did that make you feel?"

I allowed myself to process my feelings, my actions. "It made me feel...strong. Powerful, maybe." He got up from the ground, dusting himself off as he closed the distance between us.

"And you are. You have so much fuckin' power in you, Carson. So much heat and raw power. And I want to harness the shit out of that!"

"To what end?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Think about it. All powerful alpha wolf with an equally if not more powerful alpha female by his side? It's the new world order. No one could fucking touch us."

I shook my head. "We're more than just cogs on the wheel, Negan."

"Then what are we, sweetheart?" He asked. I thought for a moment before coming up with a response I thought Negan would like.

"If it's the new world order, you and I, we aren't cogs on the wheel. We are the wheel." My response earned me possibly the most genuine smile from Negan that I had ever seen can along with a booming laugh.

"Smart fuckin' girl," he said. "Now you're talkin'."

I found myself smiling back at him. His agenda...something about it struck a chord in me. And I knew almost instantly what that cord was. It was my wolf. She knew what she was capable of. Submission wasn't her forte. But leading...

Negan whistled. "Shit doll, I could get used to this. Being your big spoon, you fuckin' manhandling me, and getting in on the new world order all in one morning? Great way to start a Friday."

The last words out of his mouth brought me out of my thoughts. It was Friday?

"Shit!" I said and began walking briskly in the direction I had come from the previous night.  But I was no match for Negan's long strides—he was in front of me before I knew it.

"And where do you think you're going?" he asked. There was no anger in his voice, just a twinge of humor.

"I have to go to work," I said, trying to move past him. But he didn't budge.

"Oh, you got to be fucking joking!"

I shook my head. "Nope! You gotta get out of my way." I stepped to the side and he mirrored me.

"Seriously, Negan? Do you want me to put you on your ass again?" I asked, seriously contemplating the idea.

He shrugged. "If you end up straddling me again, then fuck—"

"Ugh, forget I asked! But seriously, I have to go. I'll...come back," I promised. And it wasn't a lie...I would come back to him. Even as the words left my mouth, I knew they were true.

"Not fucking likely," he responded, still doubting me.

"Damn it, Negan, I promise I'll come back!" I tried again, my voice sincere.

"And if you don't?" He asked.

I thought for a moment. "Then...I give you my permission to come find me."

He chuckled and gave me one of his smiles.
"Oh believe me baby, I fuckin' will."