Chapter 26

I left my spot from behind the mic, pulling off my guitar and passing it to one of the stage hands. It was time for me to address the crowd again. The waited expectantly for me to sign off as their cheering began to waiver. When I returned to the mic, I began to speak.

"We're about to head out, but we've got one more song for you guys tonight," I gripped the microphone stand firmly. "This one, is a personal request. You know who you are," I smirked, looking up at Negan, him returning my gaze with a thousand watt smile.

The drums and bass of Lana Del Rey's "West Coast" began to roll in and I swayed my hips to the music as I began to sing.

Down on the West Coast they got a sayin'
"If you're not drinkin' then you're not playin'."
But you've got the music, you've got the music in you, don't you?

Down on the West Coast I get this feeling
Like it all could happen that's why I'm leaving
You for the moment, you for the moment, Boy Blue, yeah, you

Your flyin' high at the show, I'm feeling hot to the touch
You say you'll miss me the most, I say I'll miss you so much
But something keeps me really quiet, I'm alive, I'm a lush
Your love, your love, our love

By now, the music was flooding my senses, my hips continuing to sway in a seductive way. I continued to dance, waving my hands in the air and playing with my hair for no reason other than it felt right. My eyes scanned the audience and found Negan. He was sitting forward in his spot, eyes completely focused on me. His grin was still there, but lurking beneath the surface of it was something else. Negan was turned on and he knew that I knew it. So I continued, the gentle roll of my hips and torso pulling him in further to the depths of my soul. Now, I put everything I had into singing the song. It was for him after all.

I can see my baby swingin'
His Parliament's on fire and his hands are up
On the balcony and I'm singing
Ooh, baby, ooh, baby, I'm in love

I can see my sweet boy swayin'
He's crazy y Cubano como yo, my love
On the balcony and I'm saying
Move baby, move baby, I'm in love

I'm in love
I'm in love

Down on the West Coast, they got their icons
Their silver starlets, their Queens of Saigons
And you've got the music, you've got the music in you, don't you?

Down on the West Coast, they love their movies
Their golden gods, and rock and roll groupies
And you've got the music, you've got the music in you, don't you?

You push it hard, I pull away, I'm feeling hotter than fire
I guess that no one ever really made me feel that much higher
Te deseo, cariño, boy, it's you I desire
Your love, your love, our love

I can see my baby swingin'
His Parliament's on fire and his hands are up
On the balcony and I'm singing
Ooh, baby, ooh, baby, I'm in love

I can see my sweet boy swayin'
He's crazy y Cubano como yo, my love
On the balcony and I'm saying
Move baby, move baby, I'm in love

I can see my baby swingin'
His Parliament's on fire and his hands are up
On the balcony and I'm singing
Ooh, baby, ooh, baby, I'm in love

I can see my sweet boy swayin'
He's crazy y Cubano como yo, my love
On the balcony and I'm saying
Move baby, move baby, I'm in love
I'm in love
I'm in love

My voice rang out through the speakers, the song having reached its end. The crowd cheered one final time, but I didn't seem to care. My eyes were on Negan and his were transfixed on me, almost predatory. I returned the gaze with an equal force, every fiber of my being honing in on him. My breath came out in shallow pants and I felt a familiar tightening in my abdomen, a reaction that only Negan was capable of eliciting in me. The curtains closed, effectively ending our eye contact and I closed my eyes, taking an unsteady breath. In that moment, I was on fire for him, and I honestly wouldn't have objected turning to ash under his smoldering gaze.

"Holy shit, Carson! That was amazing," Nick said, pulling me out of my Negan induced trance. I opened my eyes and conjured up a friendly smile.

"You guys were amazing," I corrected.

He shook his head. "Nope! That was all you. And whoever that guy is that you dedicated that last song to is a lucky guy."

I chuckled, but didn't respond, lost in my thoughts. As we began to pack up our equipment, I found myself nervous at the thought of coming face to face with Negan again, especially after my semi seductive performance.

A few minutes later, I found myself walking through the hallway back to the main part of the club. I turned the corner and didn't have to search hard for Negan, seeing as he towered over everyone in the room. The way he was looking at me, the admiration and lust pooling in his eyes, caused all my anxiety to disappear. I found myself walking quicker than normal, wanting to claim my place at his side. He let me come to him, the same grin present on his face illuminating his dimples. His expression spurred me on and my wolf briefly surfaced, her desires and mine one in the same. I knew what we both needed, no matter how small the gesture was. So instead of overthinking, I did want felt right.

"Hot diggity dog," Negan drawled. "Carson, that was mag-"

My sudden action left him at a loss of words. For at the moment I was close enough, I hugged him. No, I embraced him. My arms found their way around his waist and I pulled him close so I was flush against his chest, his leather jacket cool on my overheated skin. His heat radiated through my body, his scent encircling me. I embraced Negan, the man who made me feel something I had never experienced before.

And he embraced me too.

The rest of the world faded, the murmur of the venue fading into the background as Negan's long and muscular arms found their way around my small frame, holding me tight. He rested his chin on the top of my head, murmuring something about if I was okay. And in that moment, I was.

Because I was with him.