Chapter 17

Cameron was released from the hospital a couple of hours later, and it was past midnight by the time we walked into our house. The last twenty four hours had been completely insane, with multiple life changing events occurring one after the other. Waking up with Negan. Being with Negan. Cameron's accident. My memories. My self realization. By now, my ability to process or form any coherent thought had flown out the window. I was exhausted, both mentally and physically.
Without a word, Cameron plopped down on the couch, scrolling through his phone, carefully maneuvering his broken arm to a comfortable position. I was relieved to hear that he had been given a clear bill of health, that his concussion was minor, and that he would ultimately be okay. I judged his posture for a moment and when our cat Zander jumped on his lap, I knew he was feeling relaxed.

"Cam, I'm going to take a shower. Do you need anything?" I asked. 

He shook his head. "Go do what you gotta do."

I went to my room and grabbed some socks, underwear, and my favorite pajamas that consisted of black sleep shorts and an old Fall Out Boy T-shirt. I decided to go without my usual sports bra.

Making my way into the bathroom, I closed the door and walked over to the vanity mirror. After the day's events, I expected to see an exceptionally exhausted woman looking at me. I was a little taken aback to see something else entirely.

My lips were fuller than normal, their shade similar to when I was wearing lipstick, although I didn't have any makeup on. My complexion was smooth and my cheeks perfectly flushed. I think what startled me most about my appearance was my eyes. They were vibrant, with full black lashes framing them. I looked attractive. My self confidence was something I always struggled with, so me thinking that about myself was a shocker. I looked as I used to, back when I was—

"No," I told my reflection. "Don't go there."

When I had started turning at twenty one, I began to notice that the more often I turned, the less my appearance changed. Something about the wolf trait coursing through my body halted my aging. When I had stopped turning, I noticed that I started to age. It was subtle, but the few years I had missed out on caught up with me. But right now? I looked different, better somehow. Perhaps getting in touch with my wolf last night physically altered me.

As I stripped off my clothes, I noticed that the change wasn't only in my face. My curves were rounder, less subtle. My breasts were perky, their shape fuller than what I was used to. Although my connection with my wolf had been brief, it clearly changed me. I pulled my hair from a ponytail and it fell loosely past my shoulders in perfect waves.

This was so weird.

As I stepped into the shower, I tried pushing all thoughts from my head, although it was a wasted effort. My mind drifted to Negan this morning, specifically when I woke up, feeling his length pressed against me...

"Get a grip, Carson," I muttered to myself. I continued my shower, washing myself and shaving where I needed to. I'm not sure how much time had passed when I finally turned off the shower taps and stepped out.

I could hear the sounds from the TV in the living room, glad that Cameron was making himself comfortable after today. After towel drying my hair, I pulled on my pajamas and brushed my teeth. I turned off the sink to hear a voice, Cameron's voice.
Although I couldn't make out what he was saying, he sounded animated, his inflection similar to when he was talking to someone. I figured he was on the phone...but this late at night? It was odd.

I exited the bathroom, making my way down the hall and to the living room. I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings, looking down and only focusing on Cameron's voice. As my feet hit the carpet, I started to speak.

"Cam, who are you talk—"

As I looked up, the rest of the sentence didn't make it out of my mouth.

Sitting on the couch with his feet propped up and my cat purring in his lap was none other than Negan himself.