Chapter 33

The bright light of the new day is what woke me up from the very pleasant dreams I was having about Negan. Without opening my eyes, I allowed my body to adjust, feeling the firmness of Negan's chest under my cheek and my hands wrapped around his torso, my legs tangled up with his. I also felt the cool leather of Negan's jacket draped over me, figuring he covered me up when I fell asleep. I smiled at the thought, but was soon distracted by the familiar hardness under me pressing against my stomach. I had the brief urge to retreat from Negan's embrace, but I didn't. He was sound asleep, snoring softly against me. And besides...I would have to get used to it eventually, I mean, it would be in me at some point—

I tilted my head up slightly, so I could see his face, and smiled at his relaxed features, the smallest smile present on his lips. Clearly, he was having a good dream, if his morning boner wasn't enough indication of that. I laid there lost in his scent until my bladder wouldn't let me anymore. Very carefully, I untangled my limbs from his, pulling myself out of his arms. I stood from the couch very carefully, proud of myself for not waking him. I started making my way across the living room to the bathroom, but before I turned the corner, Negan spoke.

"You better have a damn good reason for getting up, Carson," he said, voice still laced with sleep.

I couldn't help but giggle and turned to look at him. His T-shirt, usually so immaculate, was wrinkled and had moved up across his stomach, giving me a good view of his hips. God, I averted my eyes to his face, absolutely loving his messy hair and sleepy expression. I held up a finger, silently telling him I'd return in a moment and went into the bathroom.

When I came out, Negan was still in the same position and I made my way back to him, kneeling on the floor and propping my elbows up on the couch. Negan turned so he was now facing me.

"Hey doll," he said, giving me my favorite grin.

"Hey yourself," I replied. "How'd you sleep?"

He chuckled. "Like a goddamn baby. You?"

"Surprisingly good, considering I was on the couch all night."

"Mmm, must have been the company," Negan said.

I smirked at him. "Definitely the company."

"Good company always make you moan in your sleep?" He teased.

I bit my lip and blushed furiously, not having gotten past my shyness about sex just yet. But I'm sure Negan would be more than willing to help with that...

He laughed. "It's okay, baby. I'm just fuckin' with you. Well kinda. You were definitely having some wet dreams about me."

His humor had me feeling comfortable reverting back to the flirting I enjoyed with him. "Who said they were about you?"

"Smart ass," he grinned, moving his face closer to me.

I accepted the invitation without hesitation, my lips meeting his. The kiss started slow, but turned into something more sensual almost immediately.

Negan's tongue ghosted across my lips, and I opened my mouth, granting him access. He groaned at the sensation, the sound sending heat to my core. Another sound from Negan is what broke the kiss, making me laugh.

"Hungry?" I asked, pulling back a few inches.

"For you? Fuckin' always," he replied. "But yeah, I'm starving. Especially after that hot make out session last night."

I rolled my eyes at him, hitting his shoulder playfully. "And planning future methods of corporal punishment, of course," I laughed. "There's a good place down the street, if you're interested," I continued, but then it came across my mind that Negan had other responsibilities. Surely he couldn't go to breakfast with me. "But if you have to leave, that's—"

Negan shook his head. "I don't have to go anywhere right now. In fact, I'm all yours this morning. We can do whatever you want. But I have one request."

"What's that?" I asked him.

"Tonight, we switch things up a bit. You come to my place."

I tilted my head. "You mean to The Sanctuary?"

He shrugged. "Yeah. I would like you to see what the place is all about. But that can wait till tomorrow. Tonight, I want you in my room."

His last words sent a pleasurable chill down my spine. "Sounds reasonable," I stated.

"Another thing," Negan said. "I will have to leave for a little bit later...just to tidy up and shit like that. Wouldn't want you to see my dirty boxers layin' around," he teased, resulting in me laughing again.
Negan sighed and caressed the side of my cheek.

"Goddamn, I could get used to this."

"This being?" I asked, a part of me still needing validation from him that he wanted this. Wanted me.

"Waking up with you. Hearing that cute ass laugh of yours first thing in the morning. Hell, just starting and ending my day with you."

I smiled, leaning in to kiss him once again.

"Me too, Negan," I said against his lips. And I meant it.