ONE

"Seat 7A."
I thanked a flight attendant as she checked my boarding pass and stepped into a plane. I looked towards my row. I was hoping to have both seats to myself but I already saw figure in 7B.

"Excuse me," I smiled at a man who was sitting in the aisle seat next to mine, "That one is mine."
"Of course," he answered kindly and stood up, letting me pass by.

As I slid into my seat, my left shoulder accidentally touched the handsome stranger's arm. Second of pure excitement rushed through my whole body. I didn't remember ever being affected by someone like this before. It's going to be a long flight, I thought to myself and looked out of the round window.

"Hi, I'm Steve," he smiled at me after awhile and shook my hand.
"Sami."
I looked at him. His eyes followed my every move.
It took lot of inner strength not to let the effect his touch had on me to show through.

He was good looking. Tall with muscular shoulders, his dark brown hair cut short. He wore light blue shirt and grey knee-length shorts. He was my type. But it wasn't just his good looks that made me hold my breath when our hands touched. It was his captivating dark blue eyes that burned right into my soul.

I took a sip from my bottle of water, rested my right arm on the armrest between our two seats and closed my eyes, waiting for the plane to move.

We haven't even reached runway yet when I felt Steve's forearm to slightly touch mine. His hair tickled on my skin. I kept my eyes closed. I was enjoying it. I didn't move. Nor did he.

"Please tighten your seatbelts," flight attendants instructed and instructional video started playing from small screens in front of us.
I opened my eyes and looked at Steve. I cought him looking directly at me. Before either of us could say something, flight attendant, who was checking if everything was in order for take-off, came to our row.

"Miss, please put your backpack either under your seat or to the space above your head during our take-off please," she said clearly speaking to me.
"Of course," I closed my water bottle and put it back into backpack.
"Should I put it up?" Steve looked at me and pointed at my gray backpack.
"Yes," I smiled at him.
"Thank you," I said as Steve sat back down into his seat.
"You're welcome," he smiled at me.
I turned back to my window with my headphones on and rested comfortably next to him.

"What brings you to Hawaii?" Steve asked after few hours of comfortable silence.
"Just visiting for a week," I smiled at him, "You?"
"I live there actually."
"Really?"
"Really," Steve smiled at me and continued. "I was born on O'ahu. Left when I was 16 and moved back about 3 years ago."
I wanted to know more.
"I love the Islands," Steve looked at me, "I hope you'll enjoy it too."
"Thanks, I think I will."

"So what is it that you normally do, Sami?" Our conversation continued. It was really nice talking to him and he seemed to enjoy our conversation as well.

"I'm in movie business."
"Will I know any of your movies?"
"Depends. How many times a month do you go to the cinema?" I joked.
"Once or twice," Steve answered.
"That's not bad."
"A year," he quickly added and followed with a wink.
"You don't like movies?" I asked.
"I do but I don't have much time for myself."
"Why not?"
Now he tells me he's married with three kids and off there go my desires and dreams.

"Work keeps me busy."
"What do you do if I may ask?" I was curious. He didn't seem like 9 to 5 type of a man.
"I'm in law enforcement."
"So you're a cop?" I asked.
"Yes. Kind of."

We still had 4 hours until our plane would touch the Hawaiian soil and Steve just returned to his seat after a while and handed me glass of juice. 

"Thanks," I smiled, pleasantly surprised.
"You're welcome. Cheers."
"To safe landing," I added. 
"Are you afraid of flying?" he asked. 
"No, I like to fly but it can't hurt right?" 
"I guess you're right."

I started to feel my eyelids getting heavier. I closed my eyes and quickly drifted off to sleep.
When I opened my eyes again I realized my head was resting on Steve's shoulder. When I lifted my head my eyes met with his.

"I'm sorry. My head must have fallen when I fell asleep.
"It's fine no worries," sweet smiled rimmed his face. "Where do you plan to go from the airport?" Steve asked.
I sat up straight in my seat. 
"I have to go straight to the bungalow I rented. Someone is waiting there for me with keys." 
"You rented a bungalow?" 
"Yes," I smiled.
"Where is it?" 
"It's in Kalaeloa." 
"If you want I can give you a ride from the airport."
"Are you sure? You must have something better to do." 
"I don't. I definitely don't."