FIFTEEN

(Inspired by 7x07)

"I hope you are hungry," I recognized Steve's voice when I picked up my phone.
"Why?"
"I cooked dinner," he smiled to the phone.
"I am actually.
"Great! What's your ETA?"
I laughed at the military slang he was using.
"15 minutes."
"Roger that. See you soon."
He hung up before I could ask him what we are having. I was excited knowing he cooked for me.

Steve opened the main door for me before I even had a chance to take out my key.
He was wearing grey shirt with black suit pants. He looked gorgeous. I was regretting I agreed to dinner first.
He smiled and turned after me when I intentionally brushed my body against his as I walked passed him inside the house.
He grabbed my hand and led me to the living room where he pulled the chair for me and sat me to the table.

After the main course I stood up and was about to walk to the kitchen for another bottle of wine. But I couldn't resist him. He was too hot to pass. I stepped towards his chair, my hand caressed his neck and I leaned down to kiss him. He returned the kiss immediately and our lips stayed connected for few seconds.

When I was satisfied I stood back up and walked away without a word but with a big smile instead

"Hello!"
I could still hear Steve answer his ringing phone before I was too far.

When I got back he was standing, his facial expression showed something caught him off guard and that just didn't happen too often. At the same time I saw that car was pulling to the house, it's front lights shining through windows.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know she was coming," Steve was confused.
"Ok, no problem," I smiled. I didn't want to make it - what ever IT was - worse. I didn't feel the need to be jealous or make scene. I knew Steve had female friends. Maybe this one was in trouble and needed his help.

"Before she comes I have to tell you something."
"Ok," now I was tensed.
"Catherine and I dated."
"It's fine I knew I wasn't your first," I joked but I still didn't see what made him so unease.
"She was more than a fling Sami, we were together for years and for almost as long I though she was the one. I was about to ask her to marry me."
"Oh," suddenly my knees went weak. I didn't expect that. Luckily I was standing close to wall and could use it to support myself, "how long ago was it?"
"3 years."

Ding ding

Steve looked towards the door.
"Do you know why she is here now?"
"No idea. I'm sorry. I love you," he whispered and kissed me passionately.

"Hi," Steve said as he opened the main door, "come in."
He backed up to let her in.
She had surprised expression in her face when she noticed me.
"Sorry I didn't wanna interrupt but it couldn't wait."
She seemed genuinely sorry. I couldn't help it but I liked her instantly. And I certainly saw what attracted Steve to her.
Catherine was beautiful woman with long black hair, thin frame and big chocolate brown eyes.