Chapter 2- 11th birthday

5 more years later...

Your pov
"Happy birthday princess!" Y/n's mom smiled as y/n walked downstairs.
"Thank you momma." She grabbed a piece of toast and kissed her on the cheek.
"So, here's your morning present." She handed the girl a small blue box with a yellow ribbon on it. She opened the box and inside was a small silver locket.
"Wow mom. It's beautiful." She said putting down my toast and taking it out of the box.
"I want you to wear it all the time. Never take it off. It's real iron so it'll be heavier then you think.
"Won't it rust momma?" The curious girl asked as she put it on.
"No, I made sure the jeweler put anti rust spray on it."
The girl looked at the locket around her neck and looked at her mom who's eyes were tearing up.
"Momma, I'm 11, I'm not going off to college, you don't have to cry at every birthday I have."
"You're just getting so big. I want to protect you forever!" She hugged her tight and her mom hugged back.
"I gotta go to school momma."
She let me go and Y/n shoved the last corner of the toast into her mouth before running out the door.
"Have a good day!" Y/n heard her call from their white porch.
She waved at her mom as she took off running. Kicking rocks and sand up as she booked it for the bus stop. If she missed the bus she was screwed. School was twenty miles away and the most transportation -besides the bus- they have is a bike that Y/n got three years ago.
Momma l/n doesn't like driving and on top of that they really don't have any gas stations, car shops or anything like that. Their town had very few people in it and the ones who do live here don't drive either.
It's weird, but it's whatever to them.
They can't really complain when their yards are full of food and flowers that make you feel like you're in a dream.
One modern thing they do have is WiFi. Well at least, the l/ns do.
The schools wifi is actually the slowest thing in the world. Y/ns pretty sure that theyd load things faster on a rock then with the WiFi the school 'provides' for them.
She hopped on the bus after waiting for like ten minutes and sat in the back.
Not many kids her age were in school, especially girls. You could say they were literally back in the olden days with a couple modern luxuries.
Y/n was one of the few girls who went to school because she was an only child and her momma needed someone to carry on their name. Y/n was the top of her class because she hardly had any competition.
School was a breeze for her and she took pride in that.
Everyone at her school is super friendly because they all have known each other practically since birth.
Two boys who were her friends were Asher and Jay.
They were your average kids but they suited this average girl just fine.
They sat next to her in class and She helped them with hard questions when they needed it.
"Happy birthday y/n!" They both said as they attacked her in a hug.
She let out an 'oof' sound as the collided into me.
"Here! Open it!" Jay held out a bag which she gladly took.
"For me?" she ask astonished.
"Well it is your birthday isn't it?" Asher snarked.
"Oh ha ha Asher." she lightly smacked his head and his fringe went flying.
"Ouch!" He laughed.
Y/n opened it and there was a small origami rose.
She read the little sheet of paper that came with it.
Now you'll have something that will last just as long as our friendship
"Aww! You guys!" Y/n said as she pulled them in for a group hug.
"That's so sweet. Thank you." She said as she held the note. Y/n put the flower and note in her tiny locker and walked to class with them.
Class was long and boring like always but today was a little stormy.
It was a little uncommon for it to storm but it wasn't completely weird.
They got storms a few times a year but never at this time of year.
The lights in the school flickered as the thunder cracked.
Y/n looked up at the hanging light above her and saw it start to shake.
"Everyone, it's all right. It's just a storm. Everyone remain in their seats." The teacher had only looked up from her sheet for a second to tell them that and then looked back down.
Soon the windows started to shake and shimmy.
Everyone watched the storm roll in quickly and out of no where a window shattered.
Glass flew out in all directions. Some of it remained on the window, some on the floor and some stuck into students which pried a scream from them.
Soon it was not a regular storm anymore. A dark cloud misted in through the broken window and hovered over the hardwood flooring of the classroom. A figure started to form from the cloud and y/ns eyes widened as she saw a woman.