Chapter 3 - The witches storm

Why does she look so familiar? I thought.
She didn't speak but looked around the room. Her eyes caught my path and I looked at her face to see she didn't have eyes but had two deep black holes where her eyes would have been.
She said noting but pointed at me.
Three more creatures entered the room and swiftly walked over to me. They tried to grab my arms but were forced back before they could even touch my skin.
A wave of energy radiated on the impact of the creatures bodies. They looked at me and screeched. Their mouths opened wider then their heads and a snake like tongue came out.
The figure looked at me with knitted brows laced with anger and confusion before she fled.
After she was gone, the storm had let up.
I got up from under the desk with the help of my friends.
I brushed back my messed up, knotted hair and looked around the room. Everyone was looking at me with fear in their eyes. I dont know what's going on.
Class had gotten out early after the 'incident' and I rushed home.
I jumped off the bus and ran down the dusty road to my house. I slammed the door open and closed before I started shouting at my mom.
"Momma! Momma! I was at school today and some storm came and this figure tried they send it's goons on me and then they were fired back and-"
"Sweetheart. You have to calm down!" She sat me down and grabbed my hands "now what has happened? And tell me slowly."
"I was at school and it started to storm-"
"Babygirl it hasn't stormed all day."
"Momma, listen to me" she pushed herself back into the backrest of the chair and listened intently "It started storming and then the window broke. After that this fog came in through the window and formed a person. I think it was a woman but she was missing eyes and her face was wrinkly and old. She pointed at me then three weird looking dog-ish creatures followed. They tried to attack me but they were rebounded off of this shield like energy" Her eyes went wide and I assumed she knew what had happened "What is it Momma?"
"We need to get you out of here." She said as she rushed onto her feet and then up to my room.
My room had changed from pink to a dark grey since I was about eight.
"What is going on?" I asked her as she threw clothes into my tiny suitcase.
"You have to get out of here. They found you and that necklace won't keep you safe forever."
"What? My necklace?" I asked. She ignored my confusion and kept packing "Momma! Momma!" She finally stopped and looked at me. I shook my head and widened my eyes as I waited for her to explain.
She sat me down and looked at me.
"Baby, you are special. More special then you'd ever think. But this type of special comes with a price."
"What do you mean momma?"
"I mean, and this is gonna sound crazy, but I mean you're born into a family of witches. Your grandma was a witch and your great grandma and so on. I decided to cut that tradition because witches are bad people. They demand things you would never believe."
My eyes widened.
"Are you a witch momma?"
"Yes sweetheart. But I only changed my state of mind after that fact."
"Can you go magic?" I asked her.
"I raised you didn't I?" She laughed.
I rolled my eyes and shoved her lightly
"I mean like abra cadabra magic momma. Can you?"
She looked over at my dresser and mumbled something under her breath. Soon my ballerina statue lifted and spun through the air. It danced and landed right in my lap.
"That's so cool! I want to do that!"
"No!" She shouted sternly "no you don't. It comes with a price baby. Everything comes with a price."
"Oh... okay momma." I was slightly disheartened and slightly concerned. What was that supposed to mean? I thought as she got up to finish packing my stuff.
"I promised to myself and your father that I would get you out of this whole mess." She shook her head as she pushed down on the lid of the case. I stood and put my hand on her shoulder.
"Let me do it momma." I spoke softly. She turned to me and wiped a tear.
We both knew that we'd probably never see each other again.
I may have been young but I wasn't clueless.
I snapped the case shut and she pulled me in for a hug.
"I'm so sorry baby. I never wanted you to leave like this."
"It's okay momma. I know."
She pulled away and cupped my face with her hands.
"I love you baby."
"And I love you too momma."