Chapter 17- I read

Y/n woke up the next morning in her reading nook covered by books.
She jumped up and looked at her phone.
"I'm gonna be so late!" She screamed as she rushed to get ready.
She ran out the door and to the school. By the time she got there, everyone was already crowding around a circle in the school and y/n was now intrigued.
She walked up and noticed the pack standing there. She pushed her way through and saw what she wish she could take back.
A dead body.
Y/n jumped slightly startled.
She looked over to see the pack with a confused face. Not even scared or sad, just confused.
She started to walk away and go class, trying to take her mind off of what she'd seen.
She sat in class, silent all morning until calc came around.
She sat and drew in her notebook until she felt a hand grasp her shoulder.
She gasped, jumped and whipped her head back to see Theo standing over her.
"Woah. Jumpy much?"
"Sorry. Kinda just on edge from seeing a dead body at our high school today." She snapped.
"Okay okay. You're right. It's okay to be jumpy. But you get used to seeing it after a while."
"What do you mean 'get used to it'?" She asked as he sat in the empty seat next to her.
"Well I have been in the supernatural game for a while. I've seen many dead bodies. You just... become numb to it."
"Well I don't want to be that way." She shook her head as tears brimmed her eyes.
"Well then you're hanging out with the wrong crowd."
Theo got up from the chair and went back to his seat.
Y/n sighed as she closed her notebook. She couldn't help but stare and think about everything Theo had told her.
Can someone really not care about people being dead?? She thought with the upmost worry in her mind.
The bell rang loudly through her ears and she scowled at it as she packed.
Y/n walked out of class and to her locker.
She threw her books in and closed her locker.
She was about to walk away when she was stopped by the pack.
"What's up?" She asked.
Scott held up his phone.
"Another dead body."
Y/n snatched the phone from his hand.
"I know this guy. He was my neighbor."
"Oh. I'm so sorry y/n." Lydia cooed as she hugged her from the side.
"Yeah. He was really nice."
"Well this cant just be a coincidence. We have to find the connections. Like we always do." Stiles changed the subject.
"How many times have you guys done this before?" Y/n asked half rhetorically
"Too many." Scott sighed.
They all headed out of school and to stiles' house.
"Welcome to my humble abode."
They walked to his room and saw all the strings and pins and papers.
"Getting ahead start I see." Y/n chuckled.
"Yeah. It's a problem." Stiles sighed.
"At least you're trying." Y/n rubbed his bicep.
"Okay so what do we know about witches and the deaths?" Scott asked.
"Well I know they were both murdered. I overheard dad saying they had really bad burn marks and seemed to have lightning scars. I went to the scene and they were trying to examine for marks or cuts but he was so covered in dirt that they couldn't see anything. He was also found with a shovel."
Y/n stayed quiet when she had thoughts because she knew that they'd figure her out faster then she can cope.
She stayed silent until the questions weren't being answered.
"They may have burn marks because people used to burn witches when they were caught. Could be as an act of revenge or thats the only way they know to kill people. They could also have lightning strike marks because of electricity powers. The marks are very specific on both bodies though" y/n ran her hands over the picture to focus on the marks "They seem to lay where the most vital organs are such as the heart, lungs, spinal chord and brain" she pointed to the multiple pictures of the injuries "Whatever they were doing, they were intending to kill."
She looked up at everyone and they were all frozen.
"What? I read. And now about witches since they may be plotting to kill us all." She shrugged.
"You... are... AWESOME!!" Stiles flipped "she just keeps getting cooler and cooler!"
Y/n saw Derek smirk and shake his head.
Liam looked like he was about to fall over.
"I try my best." She laughed.
"Well you are gonna be useful now." Lydia commented.
"Tell us all you've read." Scott demanded.
"Well. I've read that witches aren't very nice creatures. They seek power and wealth. They tend to follow under one leader and can be kiss ups when it comes to status improvement or higher payment. Witches tend to miss detail and lack proper knowledge of how to use most power. They aren't very particular at their job but they sure as hell are good at it."
Everyone thrived off of y/ns knowledge.
They started writing down everything and making connections.

By nine o'clock everyone was wiped out. Lydia and stiles were cuddling on the couch. Liam folded himself up next to mason on a pull out bed. Theo was asleep on the floor. Derek and Scott slept across from each other on the air mattress and Y/n got the small couch. Y/n sat in the dim room and played with her hands. She sat alone in her thoughts.
What if I became a witch? I mean... it's my history, right? So why should I give it up?
She sat in silence until one particular voice came to mind. Her moms.
Everything comes with a price.
She huffed and removed herself from the couch.
Y/n walked to the kitchen and grabbed some water as she looked out the window.
She watched as the neon bug zapper burned flies and mosquitoes.
Soon she turned around to go to sleep and she was confronted with a figure.
She screamed and watched as the silhouette didn't move.
What is happening?