Chapter 32- Attack

"So I know that iron and mistletoe are two very dangerous things for witches. Iron is like wolfsbane to you guys. It's supposed to debilitate us and render us useless while it slowly kills us. Mistletoe can burn us along with making us useless but as far as death from mistletoe goes? It's pretty improbable." Y/n said as she looked through a book on witches.
"Okay so what if we made an iron blade? Stab it straight brought their hearts." Stiles said as he made a uppercut, jabbing motion.
"No stiles, that's stupid." Derek sighed
"Actually, it's not a bad idea." I opposed. I grabbed another book and looked in it.
"Iron which tears the skin, can release the liquid within, when the blood spills to the floor, the witch attacked will be no more."
"I really don't want to solve anymore riddles. I don't think my brain can handle it." Stiles groaned.
"It means once you stab a witch with iron and it bleeds, it's dead." Derek simplified in a mocking way.
Stiles stuck out his tongue and Derek growled.
"Okay, I think we all need a snack break! Derek why don't you come with me and we can make something in the kitchen." I said as I pulled Derek into the kitchen.

"You seriously need to chill it. You're pissing stiles off."
"And? He's an idiot!"
"He's my best friend." I reminded in an angry tone.
"Right. Sorry." Derek nodded.
"It's okay. Just... keep it cool."
"He just gets under my skin like no one else."
"But you love him." I pointed at him and put some crackers and cheese on a tray.
"I don't love stiles."
"Yes you do. You know you'd sacrifice your life to save him."
"I-" Derek couldn't say no because he knew he'd be lying.
I flicked my head to tell Derek to walk back into the living room and I walked behind him holding a tray of snacks.
"Okay! Eat up guys! We are going to be here for a while!"

The day turned into dusk and I scratched my head subconsciously. I felt my greasy head and decided I should take a shower.
"Hey Scott, can I use your shower?"
"Uh sure!"
I got up and walked up the stairs. I made my way to his room and walked into his bathroom.
I stripped my clothes off, that were still pretty clean from laying around thank god.
I took off my necklace because I didn't want it to get wet and I laid it down on the counter.
I hopped in the nice hot shower and spent my grand old time.
After my shower I got dressed quickly and went back downstairs.

We were messing around for a while before we decided to go to bed. All of us hunkered down in the living room. I slept on the floor right by the couch. After about an hour of just staring at the wall, I heard movement. I quickly looked over to see Derek moving from the opposite end of the room coming to my direction.
Derek stopped when he got to me and laid down next to me.
"Shh. Get some sleep." He whispered before I could even ask anything. I nodded and turned back around. Derek pushed his chest up against my back and wrapped an arm around my waist.
I soon felt his body relax, meaning he was asleep. And I soon fell asleep too.

I woke up to a crash. I jumped up and looked into the Kitchen where it was heard from.
I peered around the corner to see a dark mist.
Shit.
I backed up to be in the center of all my friends and my barrier went up.
"Everyone up! Now!"
Everyone started to wake up. They saw that the barrier was up so they got concerned.
"There was a witch in the kitchen! I saw the mist. Stay inside the shield. They'll tear you to shreds!"
Soon, a witch slid out of the kitchen and saw us. A shiver ran down my spine when I recognised the face.
"Why do you keep following me? It's always you! Who are you?!"
She didn't reply but tried to attack the barrier, it just bounced her off.
"I can't attack her with the shield up! I'm going to have to take it down and hand someone my necklace."
I put the shield down as she was still on the floor. My heart pounded and my hands shook as I unclasped the necklace.
I handed it to someone behind me and walked closer to the witch who was still dizzy. I conjured up a spell to stun her.
As I was about to throw it, she attacked me.
She pushed me to the floor and got on top of me.

Third POV
Y/ns friends started to help her when more witches entered the house. They grabbed onto her friends. Lydia, Derek and Liam were one on one with witches. While mason and Theo had tag teamed a witch. The necklace was everyone's main priority right now. The continuously threw the necklace in between friends to keep it away from the witches.
"It's the necklace!" A witch screeched "The necklace is the key to her salvation!"
The witches stared at Scott who was the person with the necklace in that moment.
But then the witches knew that y/n was unarmed.
Y/n saw a witch coming for Derek. Without a second thought she ran. The witch raised a blade to Derek and as she thrusted it down, it pierced skin. Not dereks skin, Y/ns skin.