Chapter 23- connections

"Three dead bodies in under a week." Deaton scolded "we have no leads, few actual explanations, and one witch who doesn't even know what any of this means."
Y/n's heart dropped and she looked over at Derek who was furrowing his brows.
She looked over to where he was looking and Lydia was siting on a stool drawing.
Derek was about to walk over to her when y/n grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back.
"Give her time. It's a banshee thing."
He pushed her off of his shoulder and looked back at Deaton.
"Could you fine anything y/n?" He asked.
She shook her head no and Deaton let his head fall in defeat.
"We've never dealt with anything like this before. We have to give it some time." Liam encouraged.
"We don't have time." Mason argued.
"Okay... well maybe we don't have time, but arguing doesn't help anything." Scott calmed "and in the meantime, maybe y/n should practice her magic."
Y/n nodded and walked out to the back.
She focused all of her energy and threw out a blue orb of shock into a trash can.
"Well you don't seem too terrible." A voice rang behind her.
She spun around and held her hand out like she was going to fire.
"Woah woah! Don't fire!"
"Fire! That's it!" She jumped.
"No no! I said don't fire!"
"Not on you, but fire! I haven't tried fire yet."
She circled her hands around and a fireball grew. She threw it against the wall and the hall dented and burnt the building.
Theo smirked at her power.
"You seem pretty good."
"Thanks." She smiled
Theo sat down and watched as she practiced. Once in a while his little heart beat just a little faster.
He still liked her, a lot, but she didn't like him back. At least he didn't think so.
She grew tired of the work and headed inside. He followed her in and the pack sat around the files and pictures.
"Well they are all blonde." Derek pointed out.
"They are all over 5'4." Mason added.
"They all lived in beacon hills their entire lives." Liam pointed.
"These things don't mean anything. There's gotta be something we are missing."
Y/n and Theo joined in and connected as much as possible.

"We've still got NOTHING." Liam growled.
He started to shift in anger and we all rushed to help him.
Scott peered down at him and talked to him slowly.
"Liam, calm down. Everything is okay. There's no threat. You're in a safe place."
Liam's chest slowly stopped heaving and he closed his eyes. When they opened they were his normal blue grey color.
"Okay. I'm okay." He nodded. Scott patted him on the shoulder and walked away.
"You okay dude?" Mason asked his best friend.
"I'm okay. Just stressed." He nodded.
Mason hugged his best friend and they all got back to work.

"Maybe we should call it quits for the day." Derek crosses his arms.
"Yeah. It's getting late and Hudson is making me dinner tonight." I said shutting off my phone.
Everyone ooed and I shut it down with a glare.
"Seriously guys, that's gross."
They all smiled or chuckled in some way.
"I'll see you guys tomorrow at school."

Stiles grabbed Lydia's book as they packed up.
Stiles climbed with the notebook and dropped it on the floor. The book opened to a recent drawing she had done and it shocked him.
He rushed out to the waiting room where everyone was and questioned his girlfriend.
"Lydia. Why are you drawing satanic pendants in your banshee book?"
He held up the notebook and she snatched it.
"I did that? I don't remember." She shook her head.
"Must be a clue. Keep it. Maybe it'll help us tomorrow." Derek suggested.
Lydia nodded and walked to Stiles' Jeep.

Stiles and Lydia drove down the dark road and stiles broke the comfortable silence with an awkward question
"So what's with the satanic stuff?"
"I don't know stiles. It's like all my other visions and dreams. I do them and I don't remember when or how."
"Well this is supposed to be a clue but from the looks of it, you look like you're just trying to be a seventh grade boy who draws gang signs and devil markings in his algebra notebook."
"Why are you so stressed out?" She asked shaking her head.
"Because I'm not trying to die this time! We have nothing to go off of! Any one of us could be next! We don't know!"
"And we can take care of ourselves if it is one of us. We've been doing this for a long time now. We will be okay." Lydia reminded.
Stiles nodded and agreed
"Well lets just get to bed. We have a big school day tomorrow."