Chapter 16- derek hale... helping??

Derek kicked his gas in his black Camaro to Scott's house, in hopes that they were all still there.
Derek ran through the door and slammed the book down.
"I have answers for you guys."
"What are they?" Stiles asked hesitantly.
"Well I don't know if they'll help but you should know them. I did some research on elders and apparently they can shape shift. Just slightly though. They can turn into loved ones which can mess with the brain but if they stay like that for along periods of time, they actually start to think they are that person and become susceptible to their love."
"So we could use that to get rid of them?" Lydia asked.
"Yes, And so much more."
"Okay well do we know anything about where these elder witches are?" Stiles asked, playing with his connection strings.
"I... I wouldn't know. But maybe I can get more information tonight." Derek stumbled.
"Who gave you this stuff anyway? This seems legit." Theo intruded.
"A friend. They know a lot about witches. It was kinda a phase that never went away."
"Well this 'friend' needs to meet us because we need their help. Bad." Scott tried .
"NO... I mean... they told me to keep their identity a secret. If the witches found out they'd be dead."
"Can you even give us a gender?"
Derek paused and internally debated.
"Female. She's female."
Scott nodded his head and Theo closed the spell book.
"Umm, I'm gonna take that." Derek said as he grabbed the book.
"O-okay." Theo said confused.
"Uh... call me if you need anything."
Derek ran out of the house and ran back to y/n's house to give her her book and get more information.

"Well I told them the information we got and they took it pretty easily."
"You didn't tell them I found it right?"
"No. I just told them that the person I got information from was a girl."
"Okay. Good."
Y/n and derek walked into the kitchen to see Hudson over the stove.
"Whatcha makin Chef Hudson?"
"I am making a lightly fried chicken Parmesan with original homemade pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese -perfectly warmed- and a little bit of Basel and spices for that zesty taste."
Y/n let out a chuckle as she watched her best friend cook.
She turned around to see derek very confused.
"Oh! Derek! This is Hudson. Hudson this is derek."
Hudson turned and put the tongs down and shook dereks hand.
"Nice to meet you, man!" Hudson squeaked as he felt dereks grip
"Uh huh." Derek hummed back.
"Derek don't be such a brute!" She laughed.
Derek let out an 'eh hehe' in a sarcastic way and walked out of the kitchen.
Hudson grabbed his wrist and silently screamed in pain from the grip that derek had.
He shook his hand off and went back to cooking.
"Well he seems nice." Hudson sarcastically stated, trying to strike up a conversation.
"He is... once you get to know him."
"I hope so... for both of our sakes." He mumbled.
"Hey! Don't be rude! He doesn't have very many friends."
Y/n looked at Hudson with her pleading eyes.
"Pwease be kind to the big scary man..." She quivered her bottom lip.
"Oh you are good!" He said waving he spatula around. He excepted his defeat and she noticed
"Yes! Thank you!!" Y/n hugged him.
"Uh huh." He grumbled. "Now go get this sour man to come eat with us."
Y/n walked out of the room and got derek to eat with them and fill him in on everything.
"And so what is you're guys relationship? How do you two know each other?" Hudson asked.
"Oh. Our moms were best friends. So we've basically known each other our entire lives."
"But you're like what? Twenty four? It would be illegal to date her." Hudson said defensively
"Hudson!" Y/n scolded.
"No no. Whatever you're thinking isn't what it is! I'm just trying to help her." Derek backed up.
"Into your bed?!" Hudson asked sarcastically
"HUDSON! ENOUGH!"
Hudson backed down quickly. He huffed and got up.
"Excuse me." He managed to get out before he left the room and walked up the stairs.
"I-I'm sorry about him." Y/n apologised out of embarrassment.
"It's okay. I get it. He's just protective. I would do the same."
"I... I am gonna go check on him. You can go ahead and head home if you're done with us for today."
"Okay. Im gonna head out."
Y/n stood up and gave him a hug before he left.
"Bye, derek."
"Bye, little witch."

Y/n turned to the staircase and walked up to his room. She knocked on Hudson's door and walked in.
"Hudson?" She asked hesitantly.
"Why does he have to be so much better then me?" A soft voice emitted from the floor.
Y/n looked down and curled onto the floor to cuddle her best friend.
She stroked his hair and calmed him down.
"What's on your mind best friend?"
It was quiet as y/n looked at him before he spoke.
"Is he gonna replace me?" Hudson started to cry.
"No no no no no. Never. Never Hudson. You are my only best friend and the only one I want. I love you."
"I love you too. I just don't want you to leave me behind."
"I could never."