Chapter 3

"some of them want to use you. Some of them want to get used by you. Some of them want to abuse you. Some of them want to be abused." Sweet dreams by Eurythmics.
___________________
A million possibilities started running through my mind as I stared at the wide open door. As I stared at my freedom.

I abruptly stopped wasting my time and got the thoughts out of my head. This could possibly be my only shot of getting out of here. And who knows how long he'll be asleep.

I contemplated my next moves as I slowly shifted out from under Sam's arm. He was far away. That much I could tell, but for how long I didn't know.

Finally, I got out from under his arm, careful not to wake him. I stood up, against my bodie's will and turned to the door.

"I don't think so!"

Sam's slurred voice spoke up, making me swing around with fear. He was awake. But still struggling to get up. The night's events must have tired him out.

Thinking fast, I quickly picked up the keys he dropped earlier and ran towards the door.

When I turned around to see if he has caught up to me, I saw that he was already standing and trying to run towards me.

Quickly, I grabbed the handle of the door and swung it shut, just as he reached me.

I fumbled around with the kyes and pushed it into the lock and quickly turned it.

"Tessa!" He screamed, banging on the door. I backed up against the wall and slid down to the ground.

Tears I didn't even know where there, were falling from my eyes. I cluched the keys against my chest with my shivering hands.

I was in shock. And I was in denial.

My happy tears stopped as Sam started kicking at the door.

"Little bitch!" He screamed kicking the door again. Dust fell from the door's hinges as the door whaled at the impact.

He was going to kick the door down.

Finally getting a hold of myself I stumbled up and forced my painful legs to run down the hall.

The house I was in was rather small, and made it easy for me to find the door leading outside.

A happy cry escaped my mouth as my fingers folded around the door knob.

The door was locked.

"No!" I screamed and hit the door.

I knew I didn't have time to find the kyes. So I grabbed a chair and threw it at the locked window.

The glass shattered and fell to the ground in a loud clatter.

I ran over the glass on the ground, cutting my feet, but forcing myself to ignore the pain.

I reached the window just as a loud bang erupted from the hallway. "Avery!" An angry voice yelled as heavy footsteps thundered through the house.

I started crying in fear and I could feel my body giving in, but I forced myself to keep moving.

I jumped out of the window, cutting my leg and falling to the ground.

I quickly stood up and ran away from the house, not really knowing where I was going.

I didn't have time to wonder at the strange feeling of grass tickling mt feet, or how the trees and stars looked.

I just kept running through a maze of trees untill I finally reached what looked like a paved road.

I looked around the empty space, only able to see under the street lights. I needed help. I didn't know how much longer my body will hold. I could already feel myself getting tired and weaker.

Finally, a glimmer of hope peaked through my vision.

"Help me please!" I screamed seeing a man walk in the dark desserted street. He stopped and turned towards my ragged voice. I stumbled towards him and almost fell down. "Please! He's comming for me!" I cried as tears of happiness streamed down my face.

When I reached him the tiredness and damage finally took over my body and I caved in. Instead of hitting the ground like I thought I would, strong arms caught me and held me steady. I looked up in surprise and found gorgeous light blue eyes staring at me in shock.

"Who are you?" a light british accent asked me. "Please, he's comming." I whimpered weakly, unable to keep myself upright.

Just before I blacked out he picked me up bridal style and carried me along the empty road, hugging me close to his body and making me feel safe for the first time in my life.

°•°•°
Okay guys... She's free!! Remember to vote comment and follow!

QTC: Who do you think Tessa just ran into....? 😁

All my love

Word_Adict