Chapter 11

"What do you mean she hurt herself?" I heard Niall whisper.

I was sitting at the kitchen counter, just staring at the pancakes in front of me. I wasn't really hungry and in all honesty I was still nauseous. 

"She woke up screaming, ran to the bathroom to throw up. When I got there her neck was covered in blood. She scratched herself." Harry explained, making me shrink into the seat with embarrassment. I can't believe that actually happened. 

"That's serious mate. Why would she do that?" Niall asked softly. They where trying to make sure I wouldn't hear them. And if I didn't train myself to hear the smallest of things I probably wouldn't have. 

"I don't know. Her nightmares are getting a little out of hand." Harry said. 

Both of them sighed and made their way over to me. "You're not hungry today, Tessa?" Niall asked as he sat down next to me. I looked at him and shook my head. His eye was rimmed with a thin line of black-blue. Probably, because Harry hit him. I used to be covered in those marks too.

"You have to eat something, love." Harry whispered, bending down to my level. A light feeling of happiness sparked in me when he called me that. That was the first time he had ever called me that. I took that as a command and picked up a strip of bacon.

"I don't know what's wrong. She usually devours her pancakes." Harry said observantly. 

The scratch marks on my neck still burned, but it was now expertly covered with a bandage that Harry put over them. 

I slowly started to take tiny bites from the bacon, taking my time to chew them. 

"Do you want to talk about last night?" Harry asked me, glancing at Niall who was still staring at me. I quickly shook my head. Of course I didn't want to talk about it. The more I talk about it the more real it would be. I don't want them to know about everything that happened to me. I wasn't even with Sam and he was still hurting me.

"Okay. You don't have to if you don't want to." Niall said.

After I finished the bacon, Niall left and Harry called me to the living room. 

When I walked into the room Harry was sprawled out on the couch, facing the tv. "Yes?" I asked softly, not wanting to disturb him. "Come watch a movie with me." He said, also keeping his voice soft. I nodded and sat down on the couch next to him. A small smile reached his lips.

"What would you like to watch?" He asked me while he flipped through his dvd collection. "I don't know. I haven't really watched TV that much." I answered truthfully. "Oh yeah. I forgot. Sorry." He quickly apologised, looking flushed. 

"It's fine, don't worry about it." I said, trying to get comfortable on the couch.

___________________________________________________

Harry's POV

I felt like such a douchebag. Of course she hasn't watched that much tv! what was I thinking asking her that?

I mentally kicked myself and gave her the fifth apologetic smile.

Eventually, I picked a movie that I thought she would like. I picked Frozen. A Disney classic. And of course, she loved it.

She was like a child that got candy for dinner, smiling at the TV like it was going to come alive at any moment. She was curled up in a ball on the other side of the couch. She was so small. barely there, basically, even wearing my oversized clothes. Her brown hair that reached her hips were tied up in a bun. 

I watched her more then I watched the movie. Her reactions amused me and I've probably watched this movie more then Niall's nine year old sister. Which I would be mortified about if anyone would find out. 

I noticed her shivering, and pulling my hoodie tighter against herself. 

She scared the hell out of me last night. I thought she was being murdered. And when I saw the blood I thought that was what really was happening. Luckily, she did that to herself. I still don't know why. I wish she would just open up and let me help her. I want to help her.

"Are you cold?" I asked, my throat suddenly going dry as she looked at me with her beautiful green eyes. "A little." She admitted, shrugging. Her voice sent a tightening feeling through my chest. I opened my arm and gestured for her to come sit by me. "Come here." I whispered, afraid that she wouldn't want to.

"A-are you sure?" She asked.

I nodded and patted the seat next to me. 

She slowly crawled over to me and rested her frail body against mine. I almost gasped out loud when I felt how tiny she really was. I slowly wrapped my arm around her so that I wouldn't scare her. She got frightened by quick movements.

I was still staring at her, I couldn't help it. 

Her head snapped up and our eyes locked together. Both of us not able to look away.

I don't know what got over me, but I started leaning in towards her. 

And what surprised me more then that, was that she wasn't pulling away. She didn't even look scared. 

In fact, she was frozen in place. And the moment felt perfect. 

Softly, my lips touched hers, almost just grazing hers like finger tips. 

She sucked in a breath as I pressed my lips harder against hers when I saw she wasn't frightened. 

Almost like I burned her, She jerked her head away from me. I stared at her in shock. Did I hurt her?

She jumped up and ran out of the room. 

Shit.

"Wait! Tessa. I'm sorry." I called after her as I, too, jumped up and followed her. 

She was in my room, and the door was closed. Probably to keep me out of it. I groaned as my hands balled into fists. I can't believe I just did that! She went through who knows what kind of shit for who knows how long! Of course she's going to run away from me! 

Anger started building up in my chest. At what I had done and the boner that just decided to show up.

I decided to leave, before I did something that would scare her even further. I went out and made my way to my favourite bar around the corner of my apartment, ready to take care of both my problems. 

__________________________________________________________

QTC: Why did Tessa pull away from Harry?

Love Yall! 

Word_Adict