Chapter 8

I was staring at everything around me in wonder as Niall drove me to the doctor. Trees, people of all different races and ages. I stared at the dogs and cats walking around on the streets with their owners on leashes. Niall calls them pets. Everything around me was so new and wonderful, but deep down i was worried about what Harry would do if he found out that I went with Niall. 

Finally, Niall stopped the car in front of a big grey building with 'Medical Hospital' written on the front in big bold letters. There were more windows then walls and in the front there was a big glass door that opened by itself if you stepped closer to it. 

Niall took my hand again and lead me inside. Everyone that walked past us looked at me with sad and scared looks. Then some of them looked at me with pitty. "Why is everyone looking at me?" I asked Niall softly. He frowned and looked around at the other people as well. "It's nothing Tessa. don't worry about it." He said. i nodded and kept on walking. 

We reached the front desk where a friendly looking blonde woman sat talking on a phone. "Good day ma'am." Niall said hesitantly, grabbing the woman's attention. The woman looked up and her eyes went wide with shock. "H-how can I help you?" She asked hesitantly. 

"I just want a doctor to take a look at my friend here please." He said. "Just a standard exam." The woman nodded quickly and typed away on her computer. a few minutes later she stood up and gestured for us to follow her. She kept glancing behind her at me with weird looks on her face.

Niall noticed, but didn't say annything. And she was making me really uncomfortable. 

"Right here sir. Doctor will be with you momentarily." She said, pointing to an empty bed and dissapearing behind a curtain. 

Niall stood in front of me as I sat down on the bed. I could tell he was nervous and worried. maybe because of Harry?

A couple of minutes later a man in a white coat appeared from behind the curtain, with a clip board in his hand. "Good morning how are the both of you?" The doctor asked looking at the both of us with a composed smile. I could see that he wanted to frown as soon as he saw me, but I let it go. 

"I'm going to have to ask you to fill out some forms while I examen her." The doctor told Niall as he handed him the clip board. I sat there nervously as the doctor came closer to me. "What is your name darling?" The doctor asked as he took a torch from outside of his coat. "Uhm... Tessa." I said softly as he shone the bright light in my eyes. 

"Excuse me. I don't know any of this information." Niall admitted to the doctor, holding the papers back to him. The doctor looked at him in shock and then back at me. "Well, okay. We can fill this in together. " he said grabbing the pen as well. "Okay so we know that your name is Tessa. Do you have any alergies?" He asked. i looked at Niall questioningly. "I don't know." I admitted. The doctor nodded. "That's perfectly fine. Do you have any history of illness or Cancer?" He asked. I looked at Niall again. "I don't know." I said. 

The doctor then raised an eyebrow. "Young girl... what is your surname?" He asked finaly. "I don't know." 

At this answer both the doctor and Niall looked at me in shock. 

"What are you of this girl?" The doctor asked Niall. Niall looked nervous and started fidling with his thumbs. "Uhm, no one in particular. I'm just a friend." He said. 

The doctor cleared his throat and gestured for the secretary to come back. She came towards us and the doctor whispered something to her. She nodded once and rushed back to her desk, picking up the phone and dialling a number. 

"I'm afraid we're going to have to call the police. Not to alarm you, only as a precaution." The doctor said. "The police?!" Niall panicked. "Miss, is this man really a friend of yours?" He asked me. I was confused as to what's happening. "Yes." I said with furrowed eyebrows. "Can you please explain to me who you are and why it looks like you've only been fed last month?" The doctor asked critically. 

"I... I uhm..." Panick started rising in my throat as he bomberaded me with questions. 

"I need to make a quick call." Niall said nervously. He picked up his phone and held it to his ear. "Harry... we have a slight problem." He said softly, letting out a nervous chuckle. My brain got jumbled up with all the questions the doctor was asking me and Niall acting weird and scared. 

"Tessa listen to me." The doctor demanded, grabbing my attention. "I uhm..." The doctor sighed. "You need to listen to me Tessa. You need to be honest with me. Has someone been hurting you?" He asked softly, glancing at Niall. I didn't know what to say or do. I was panicking. 

"Excuse me? Are you Tessa?" A man in a blue uniform appeared by the door of my room. "Yes...?" I said questioningly. "We need you to come with us ma'am." He said openeing the door for me. "What? Why?" Niall asked stepping closer to me. The police officer grabbed his gun, but didn't take it out. "I need you to step back young man." He warned. "What the hell?" Niall got deffensive. 

"Step back!" The officer snapped. 

"What the hell is going on here?" My nervous exterior vanished as the british accent reached my ears. I emmediately jumped off the bed and went to stand behind Harry, who was looking furious and rivid. 

"Who might you be?" The offiser asked, calming down when he saw me being comfortable around Harry. 

"My name is Harold Styles. This is my older sister's daughter Contessa, she's been staying with me since her parents died four months ago. Is there a problem regarding her health?" He asked carefully pushing my body behind him with his arm. 

"If this is the case then why doesn't she know who she is?" The doctor asked.

"She was diagnosed with short term amnesia after her parent's death. now is there a reason I wasn't contacted when she was brought here?" He asked, still sounding furious. 

"I'm sorry sir. It must have been a misunderstanding." The doctor said flipping through his papers. 

"Whatever. We're out of here." He said, softly grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room. As we passed people in the hallway they looked at me just like the ones before did. With shock and worry. 

"What?!" Harry snapped at one girl, making her scramble away. As we left my heart started racing in fear with what he was going to do. Was he mad that I went with Niall?

When we reached the outside of the building, Harry let go of my hand and spun around, punching Niall in the face. Niall fell to the ground and held his nose. "NEVER disobey me again." Harry snapped and climbed in his car, with me trailing behind him. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QTC: Why is Harry being so angry towards the idea of Tessa going to the doctor without him?

Love yall

Word_Adict