Chapter Thirty

I was in an empty room alone with Layla. It was dead silent until she sniffed. I was on a rollercoaster of emotions. Why can't everything just be fine? Why can't I have a normal life?

My Carrie... She must have been crying now, oh god.

After Lester had spoken earlier, he got a phone call and went out, saying he would be back, it's been two hours since he had left.

Does Xavier know I was missing? I hope he knows, I hope he would be able to find us before it's too late because Lester might as well kill us, he is a psycho.

The door suddenly flung open revealing Lester, a huge grin plastered on his face. "Miss me? Cause I sure missed you both." He said with a smile, it made me sick.

He walked up to us at a slow pace and sat down on the chair he had sat down before which was close to where we sat down and he grinned again.

I wanted to know if Carrie was okay. Is she? "Where is my child." I asked and his lips formed an 'O'

"Oh, the little girl? Don't worry she is fine." The way he said it made it hard to believe. He is a criminal! They always lie! "For now." He finished.

That scared the crap out of me. "Don't you dare hurt her?" I hissed. He didn't seem fazed by it, he found this amusing.

"I love seeing you mad, has someone ever told you how hot you look when you're mad?" He asked. What?

"So... Have your sister tell you about her relationship with me? Did she tell you how she used to be my little-"

"Stop!" Layla hissed and he chuckled. "Why?" He asked Layla, demanding an answer, he probably didn't like when someone talk like that to him or...

"Your sister used to be my little obedient fuck buddy until she decided she was-" he was cut off when a gunshot was heard.

"Shit!" Lester hissed before getting up and walking to the door. He looked at us and gave us a death glare before he opened the door and got out.

What was that? Oh my, Carrie!

Third Person's POV:

A gunshot was heard around the building. "Didn't you fucking close the doors?!" Lester hissed at the three guys and a lady before him.

Lester wondered how the cops had even known about this place, it was pretty hard to find. "We did but we don't know how they got in." One of the guys whose name was Payne said. He sounded breathless like he had been running.

Lester growled, he was furious. He was a wanted person and now his hideout was no longer a hideout.

"Quick, go bring the ladies-" a gun was suddenly shot in their direction and hit Lester in his arm. "Fuck!" He hissed.

The others managed to get a hideout, one had gone for Lily, Layla, and Carrie.

Lester managed to bring out his gun, getting up, he hid behind the counter and fired at where the shot fired at him had come from.

Lester was bleeding so much, he was losing so much blood. "Ahhh." He growled again and got the cop's attention.

~
It has been a day since Lily and her family were found. Lily was so happy for the well-being of her family.

"Come live with me." She was on the phone with Xavier. He was so glad nothing bad had happened to her, if something had happened, he won't be able to ever forgive himself.

Maybe if Lily was at his place, what had happened could have been prevented.

"I told you before, I can't." She said though she was happy he wanted her to live with him. She loved him so much.

"You know, we're gonna get married... Then you'd have to live with me." He said and Lily's face turned red. Married.

Lily's POV:

After I had talked with Xavier, I couldn't stop blushing. After we were being found he had come to my house and left after some time, just three hours after he left he kept calling me.

Carrie was in her room sleeping, she was really tired. I am so glad everything was okay. So glad I didn't lose anything.

Lester is currently in jail, he has been a wanted criminal for 3 years. Layla was finally free from him. She'd finally be happy.

I passed out on my bed, I felt sick and dizzy.

"Lily? Lily." I heard a voice call. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Layla. She looked at me worriedly. "Are you okay?" She asked. Why? I didn't look okay?

"Of course, I'm perfectly fine," I replied. But I wasn't really, I felt so sick.

"You don't look fine." She said like was obvious.

"Can I ask you a question?" She continued, I just nodded my head. She paused her lips and asked. "When last did you see your period?" What was she talking about?

Periods! When last did I see it? Jesus, it's been long. I haven't gotten it for almost two months now.

Was I? Was I?

"I think you should go buy a pregnancy test, no, I'd go buy one for you. Hold on." She said standing up but I stopped her. "I can go myself. Besides, you look so tired and I'm not." I said going into the bathroom quickly. I heard her sigh.

~
I was on my way to buy a pregnancy test, it was 3 pm. I was walking peacefully on the sideway when a car stopped beside me.

Ugh! The person came out.

Jack.

"I know you don't want to talk to me but please... Can I talk to you?" Should I talk to him?

I think I should.

I nodded my head slowly and he opened his car door for me to go in. Just get over with this.

I got in and he locked the door going to the driver's seat. "Jack," I called immediately after he got in.

"I know what you want but... It can't happen. You have to stop this."

"Lily."

"I'm sorry, I don't have those feelings anymore... And you can see Carrie anytime you want to, she is also your child and I can't stop that. Please Jack you have to understand." His eyes turned red.

"I fucked up, didn't I?" He asked rather to himself.

He rests his head on the headrest. "I-i have to go," I said opening the door and getting out.