36: Undeniable

7/23/3028

Shock. I stumbled back a little but kept all other facial expressions under control. "Who's they? Who gave this order?"

"The Sorceress, under the orders of Dunek Anmus, I presume. Everything has already been staged."

"Does Keiran know this?"

"I'm uncertain if the Anmus knows. Sorceress En-Stanjah ordered me not to mention this to anyone else," she said.

I looked at Keiran and he nodded at me. Had he known about this?

"The pond water will turn green and the water in our hands will be the true indicator." Elossai straightened her back, remaining poised with a slight smile.

I took her cue and forced a smile as well. "Was I supposed to believe that the water would turn green also?"

"Yes. But I cannot lie to you, Ellis Ann. I will allow the water in my hand to change into its true color so that you and I will know the truth." She shifted, standing taller now. "We can delay no further. Let us start now."

I held my cupped hands together like she had instructed me to, and Elossai collected some clear water in her hands and held it under mine. Her gemstone began to glow with a low pulse before gently bursting into a brilliant beam on my forehead. The entire sensation was warm and inviting as if I was being gently cradled—a sensation that made me feel as if I were floating.

The corin stone hummed loudly and the water vibrated around us. The brightness of Elossai's crystal seemed to intensify, and the glow began to envelop Elossai's body with a magnificent aura.

A translucent fog started to form at the base of the dome before spreading upward. By now the corin stone had transitioned from a gentle hum to a deep, pulsating rumble which in turn strengthened to seismic waves that shook the dome. Clear water trickled upward from Elossai's hands, opposing the laws of gravity as it pooled into my own.

I started to feel dizzy when I noticed green water flowing in from the sides of the pond. This was the staged water that was being pumped in. It was startling to feel my lucidity slowly fade away and fatigue settle on me.

The water in my hands had grown to about half full, and then it slowly began to change color.

"Please forgive me..." Elossai said, feebly.

Tears flowed freely as we looked down at the undeniable tint of water in my hands, shortly before my legs finally gave way and I collapsed into the water.