C h a p t e r E i g h t

This takes place about two years later.

Remember:
S/N = Son's Name (as in Midorima's kid)
Y/S/N = Your Son's Name (Your kid)

______________________________________

°•••••••••••••°

     "Oh! No wonder! On our first date the babysitter already said she was booked for the time. It was you!" You said as the two of you we're watching TV.

     "Crazy we had the same babysitter." Midorima rested his head on your shoulder.

     "Well, she was good. Really sweet too." You agree. There was a ding from the kitchen. It was the timer. You get up and head to the kitchen, putting on one oven mitt, open the oven, and stick a toothpick into the cake that was baking. It was ready, so you got the other mitt and took it out and left it to cool.

- t i m e  s k i p -

     "Yay! It's Uncle Sei! Uncle Tetsu! You made it!" The two greet the kid and hug him. It's s/n's 7th birthday and they're having a party! Whooo! Their kids excitedly enter the house and tackle s/n. The oldest was 12 and even she was cheerful and hugged the huddle of kids. Everyone they invited was able to make it and the house was full of cheer and happiness. It made you happy. Everyone played games and told stories and told their memories when so and so was younger.

     After a while, everyone huddled in the kitchen and brought the nicely decorated cake in front of s/n, who sat in a chair all excited. They sang the birthday song and clapped as s/n blew out the candle. You look over to Midorima - who was right next to you - and he's tearing up. You wrap your arms around his and shoot him a reassuring smile. He nods and rests his head on yours, kissing the top of it first. All this time. All these years with Midorima. Your heart flutters. You were glad to be a part of their lives, and vise versa. You took our your phone and took a selfie with him. His eyes were puffy and red. He covered his mouth and just continued on watching s/n. You flip the camera and take a picture of s/n and y/s/n hugging, smiling, and giggling together. This was it. This was what you wanted. This was what you needed. What you had the opportunity to get. You had to go through a lot of hardships, but it was all worth it. It was worth all the tears and pain if it meant this would be your life now.

     "Mommy!" You look over to s/n and smile. You loved how he called you mom now.

     "Yeah?" He runs over to you and tugs on your shirt. You crouch down.

     "Can we all go to the beach after this!" You hear the oldest of all the children gasp. She nods vigorously and agrees.

     "Please Auntie!" All the kids agree after the eldest did.

     "Wait!" You giggle. "Why are you guys asking me? Of course we can! But! Make sure your parents say it's okay too."

t i m e s k i p

     "Yay! The beach!" It was a little past noon and everyone agreed to the beach. Yes. the party was in the morning. You guys wanted to hang out with them for a whole day. The kids ran to the water. The eldest was whispering with the other children. It made you curious, but you just shrugged it off. You see a child gasp and look at you. Then glance at Midorima, and back to you. They shrieked and jump in excitement. They run over to your boyfriend and smack his legs to get hiss attention. He looks over at the kid. The kid smiles and says something, resulting to Midorima covering his mouth and looking over to you. You just lay down and try to get some rest.

     "Hey." You open your eyes and see Midorima sit next to you. 

     "Hi Shintaro." Midorima leans down and gives you a peck on the lips.

     "You know. I'm so blessed to have you here with me. I. . . I'm really glad. . . with all my heart. . . I'll love you. Forever." You kiss him and smile. Midorima grabs your hand and makes you stand up. He goes to his beach bag and looks for something. You see everyone, who came with you, gather around. Your mom having tears threatening to leave her eyes. Before you could walk over to see what's wrong, Midorima holds your hand with one of his and the other behind his back.

     "I really mean it when I say, I want to be with you forever. And I want everyone to know it. Everyone to know that you're already mine." He kisses your lips then the back of your hand. You slowly start to put things together, only to gasp and cover your mouth when you see Midorima get on one knee. Tears begin to seep through your eyes. Midorima just smiles at you and holds out a velvet box. He tries to pry it open with one hand, successfully doing so after a while, making everyone let little laughs slip through their lips. The emerald cut ring shined in the sun.

(Picture from the Blue Nile website: bluenile

(Picture from the Blue Nile website: bluenile.com

Product: 1.5ct Radiant Pavé Engagement Ring in 14k White Gold

Cost: $9,659)

     "I love you so much. And I want us to be a family together. Maybe even add a few more to this family." You drop down to your knees and stare into his eyes. His beautiful, red, puffy, wet, emerald eyes.

     "So, y/n l/n. Will you marry me?" You finally tackle him into a hug and sob into his shoulder.

     "Y-Yes. I-I will marry you, S-Shintaro Midorima." Midorima lets out a sigh of relief and wraps his arms around you and you guys are just laying there in the sand with cheers from everyone in the background. 

"I'm happy you're here with me. I don't ever see it being anything different. I've never thought I'd fall this hard, but I also thought I'd never get back up. But, now with you here, I've beaten those thoughts. I love you, y/n. And i'll never get tired of letting you know that."

[ E N D O F C H A P T E R ]

__________________

Finished:November 24th, 2019 - 7:48AM | Well, I think I'm almost done with this story. It was quite short, but I had fun. This might actually be the only stories I've done that I actually finish. That is if I finish it. wish me luck. I love y'all. no one is reading this yet, but I can't wait for you guys to read this. I'm actually proud of it. hopefully I can make it align with the next one . . .

snap: lessasarous ( message me you're from wattpad to add you to a private story just for us here )

Insta: wowzalookiehere ( message me you're from wattpad to accept and what story you came from just because I wanna know )

[Published: December 19th, 2019 - Thursday 10:32pm] maybe I'll continue this when I'm done