Chapter 9

So Rosa went on vacation for a whole month! She left for Mexico. And at first I thought I was going to be all alone, but I hanged out a lot with Alex and Eric. Of course, never at the same time, because those to can't really stand each other. I think I might have I caused a war between cousins! And not to mention Victor which still creeps me out. Naw just kidding. But really, they can't stand being in the same room for too long. Alex became my new best guy friend. Also, me and Eric are pretty close. And this weekend, me and him are going to a carnival, just as friends though. And Rosa and Miguel are coming along,too. But in my head, it's an unofficial double-date.

**************** Saturday Comes********************************** (Rosa is Back)

"Omg Arely, JUST PICK SOMETHING ALREADY!!!" "Well I'm sorry if nothing seems right to me!" Rosa came over to help me get ready for the "double-date" and I haven't found anything. I groaned. "Nothing's right!" My closet just loved the idea to make everything seem ugly this day. I wanted to look perfect for Eric. I fell on the bed exasperated. Rosa started rummaging through my closet and drawers. After a few minutes Rosa gasped. "What?" I muttered. "OMG Arely you never told me you had this?" I looked up to see Rosa holding up a white tank-top with the words 'LOVE HOPE' written in black across it. "Oh yeah! I forgot my mom bought me that last week." Rosa just looked at me with a blank expression. "How could you forget about this beauty? Plus, this would look great with those light blue short shorts you have." "And black converse. " I added.

I finished putting on my outfit and taming my hair. No matter how much I brushed it, it always ended up tangled. Rosa's mom was taking us all to the carnival. *BEEP BEEP* "My mom's here." I check myself in the mirror one last time and we made our way to the mini-van. Eric and Miguel were already there. When we got in the car, all the boys could do was stare. Eric's mouth hung open. Awesomeness. That's all I thought of. Rosa didn't look bad either. She had her hair in a ponytail, a black T-shirt that hugged her body and some dark skinny jeans with her favorite Vans.  I just smiled at Eric and said hey. "H-hey... you look great." I felt like laughing, but not because I was laughing at him. I wanted to laugh just because of pure joy. Rosa's mom turned up the radio and me and Rosa's favorite song came on, One More Night by: Maroon 5. We started to sing at the top of our lungs. Rosa's mom shook her head and smiled. Eric and Miguel started laughing but eventually joined us. "AND NOW I'M FEELING STUPID, FEELING STUPID, CRAWLING BACK TO YOUUUU!!" We sang the rest of the song until we finally arrived to the carnival. "OK I'll be back for you guys at 10:00 p.m. OK?" Rosa's mom said. "Sure" We replied. We headed off to some carnival games. Eric Miguel tried the strength game where you hit a hammer and try to ring the bell, but they failed. Multiple times. Eric won a few other games and got me a giant stuffed panda and a teddy bear. I just blushed and mumbled a 'thanks'. Miguel barely managed to win anything, but at last he got Rosa a plush white teddy bear. After that Rosa and Miguel went to the tunnel of love. (Cheesy, right?) I looked at Eric and he seemed like he wanted to tell me something.

"Soo you wanna go on the Ferris Wheel?" "Sure." He led me toward the giant ride. To be honest I have no idea why I suggested the Ferris Wheel. I was terrified of heights, and the last time I was on the Ferris Wheel I was on with my dad and he kept rocking the seat just to scare me. As we got closer to the Wheel of death, I must have shown my fear. "Don't worry," Eric said, giving my arm a squeeze. "I got you." He gave a reassuring smile. I smiled back. I can seriously get used to this guy.

As are seat started to rise higher, my nerves started to get to me. Eric laughed and I glared at him. "This isn't funny." I stated. Eric shrugged his shoulders. "Hey, you were the one that suggested the Ferris Wheel." I glared at him and looked back down. We were really high up... When we reached the top, the wheel stopped abruptly, making me jump a little and squeeze Eric's arm. He just chuckled at me. Suddenly a voice came through some speakers. "People it looks like we are having some problems with the Ferris Wheel. But don't worry, we will have it running again in a little while." Looks like we'll be here a while.." I said, my voice trailed off. I was still looking down, soo far down. "Soo Arely, I need to ask you something." Yes?" I looked at him, he had such pretty hazel eyes. I could get lost in them forever. "Arely would you... go out with me?"

*************DUN DUN DUNN!!! Cliffhangers.. don't you just love them??? MUUAAAH HA HA!!! >:)