joe mazzello

y/b/f - your best friend
this is terrible and really short and i apologize but yeah it's supposed to be the first time that joe and you meet so enjoy that <3

i made my way to english class, the rush of other students zooming past me as the bell for fourth period rang loudly. y/b/f was behind me, her hands gripping my shoulders as i made my way through the crowd of students in the small hallway.

"what do you have now?" i asked her, and she only shrugged, glancing around the hall.

"i don't have class with you, that's all i know." she said, and then her eyes shot wide open, "oh, ap chem."

i laughed, "right, i forget that you're smart sometimes."

y/b/f pushed me slightly, "whatever. i'll see you later."

i muttered a small 'goodbye', before making my way towards english class. when i walked into the room, most of the class was already there, all standing at the back of the classroom. i glanced over at the teacher - whose name i still can't remember - as i was so confused. the teacher glared back at me, and my eyebrows scrunched together.

"oh, y/n. how lovely of you to join us." he said, a fake smile resting on his lips, "i've made a seating plan since you all decided it would be a nice idea to talk throughout majority of the lesson."

i raised my brows, "okay. where am i seated on this little seating plan of yours?" i replied, distaste clearly evident in my voice.

he grabbed his glasses off the table, squinting down at the sheet of paper, "you would be..." he glanced up a few times from the sheet, looking around at the seats available, "you would be in the middle here, next to... next to joseph."

my eyebrows raised at the name joseph, never hearing it before. but to be fair, i didn't talk to most of the kids in my english class. but nonetheless, i sat in the seat, a big sigh leaving my lips as i pulled out my book and pen. soon enough, someone sat next to me, and as the teacher was reading out other people's names and their seats, i opened my book, "so, you're joseph, huh?"

"it's just joe. just call me joe." the boy replied, and i looked over at him, his red hair splitting to make a middle part.

"well, joseph, i'm y/n." i replied, not calling him joe as he requested.

"it's joe-"

"joseph. how's your day going?" i said, my tone letting him know that i wasn't going to change my mind.

he smiled slightly, nodding, "yeah. it's going alright, y/n."

i nodded, "that's great, joseph."