brian may

i packed my suitcase quickly, wanting nothing more then to get in the car with brian and leave for our road trip. we barely ever do go out and do things with each other, mostly due to brian's newfound fame.

i threw in another top, knowing we'd only be gone for a week, and then back in time for queen's tour. i glanced around my room, not knowing if i'd missed anything.

brian walked into the room with his small suitcase, and i smiled up at him, "you ready?"

he nodded, zipping up my suitcase for me, "i've been ready for the past 20 minutes, love."

i faked a laugh sarcastically as he walked out of the room holding both our small suitcases, "right then. are you driving, or would you rather i do?"

he looked at me over his shoulder as we walked out the door and he loaded our bags into the small van we'd borrowed from roger.

"bri, keys?" i asked him, and he quickly passed them to me, before running to lock the door to our house. i opened the door to the van and stepped inside, a sudden smell clouding my nostrils.

brian walked inside too, and his nose scrunched up, "it smells like sex. and booze. lots of sex and booze."

i walked around into the van more, picking up two empty bottles of vodka that lay on the ground, "more or so booze."

"i wouldn't count on it," brian hopped over into the front seat, "its roger after all."

i nodded, closing the van's door and getting into the passenger's seat, "thats true."

brian glanced at me as he turned the van on with the keys, "you ready?"

i put my hand in his, "lets go." and brian our the van in gear and off we went. did we know where we were going? not necessarily. we had decided to just go west until we found a nice little hotel to stay in for the night.

i'd spoken to freddie before-hand, who's been everywhere, and he said that there definitely was a few hotels down west, the direction we were heading in.

-

two hours into our drive and the sun had just passed over the top of us. it was 3:45 and brian was getting quite tired of driving. i looked over at him, "brian, pull over. we can swap. i'll drive."

he raised an eyebrow at me, questioning me, and i just nodded, "you look like you're about to fall asleep, bri."

he nodded again, turning down the radio which blasted all types of music, before getting out of the drivers seat. i watched him run around the front of the van as i jumped over into the drivers.

"please, y/n, don't crash the van. i couldn't possibly pay roger back." brian pleaded, and i slapped him lightly on the arm.

"i'm a much better driver than you, to say the least. did you see yourself back there? almost drove us off the road." i spat back, grinning up at him like a dork.

i put the van in gear and pulled it onto the road, while brian just shook his head at me, a smile on his face, "yeah, yeah. whatever. hey! eyes on the road, don't wanna get us killed now do you?"