Chapter 8

I sat in my study in a magenta dress with a very low cut neckline and long sleeves that Nala picked out for me. She also did my hair in a very high up-do that made it look piled on top of my head.
I sat in my seat with General Azura beside me, we've been waiting on the First Order to arrive to officially discuss business and so I could give them a definite answer on where Ahmorada's loyalty lies in the galaxy.

"My patience is wearing thin, you'd think that people who've been pressuring you from the start would come on time." Azura had started pacing in front of my desk at a fast pace, "You'd think the man who's been taking his time planning this whole thing out would be more patient." I eyed him, "Calm down General, or I will ask you to leave." I said sternly while sitting up and he huffed and stood beside me with his arms crossed.

Finally, The First Order decided to join us, I stood up and walked over to shake General Hux and Kylo Ren's hand while thanking them for joining us.
I sat back down and the whole room was taken by silence.

"After deep thought into the issue of war and alliance, I have come to a very stern and thoughtful conclusion. I love my people, dearly with all my heart. My planet's economy is stable and the people live in peace and harmony.
I've taken into account that I am a woman, a woman alone with no husband or anyone to lean on as I rule this planet and I think it would be wise to make an alliance with the First Order so we could have the utmost security." I looked out to the two men in front of me. I couldn't see Kylo's face because of that damned mask but the happiness etched on General Hux's face sent shivers down my spine.

"Splendid! I brought all of the documents you'd have to sign." He scrambled to get them all together in his tiny hands.
"On one condition." I stood up looking down at the men.

"You will be respectful and kind to my people, if I hear so much as a complaint about one of your troopers the deal is off. Understood?" I asked looking at Kylo Ren.

"Yes."

"Great, I'll sign the documents now." I sat down and received a pat on the shoulder and a warm smile from Azura to which I returned.

It took me at least 3 hours to sign all of the papers and to read them carefully. Before they left I asked Commander Ren to stay behind for a moment and everyone else left the room, including Azura.

I walked over to the towering man, I guessed he was a good foot taller than me.
I looked up at him, "Something about you just. It confuses me Ren, who are you? I have to know." I said looking to where his eyes would be.

He sighed, "That is not important. Just know that I'm only a call away if anything were to happen, Elora. I mean that." He stooped down to my level and I could tell he was looking into my eyes.
I nodded hesitantly as he grabbed my hand and gave it a light but loving squeeze. My cheeks suddenly burned with embarrassment and he left shortly after.

I sat in my study hours after just thinking over the events of the weekend and this week, all of my thoughts leading me back to Kylo. I didn't know why I was so infatuated with the man but, it brought me happiness to know he would be there no matter what happened. He made me feel safe with his words.

Azura softly came into the room, "I'm very proud of you, Elora. Xander is looking down upon you in pride." He smiled at me and I nodded in return still engulfed in the thoughts of Kylo Ren.
He cleared his throat, "You know, Elora.. You don't have to be alone." He said coming up to me and rubbing my shoulder.

I looked up to him questionably, "You know it's too bad that you can never remarry. I could make a great husband, a great ruler of Ahmorada just like Xander. Maybe even better than Xander." He laughed while still rubbing my shoulder. I stood up quickly, "What? Azura you are very much out of line. This is blasphemous to speak of your dead king this way!" I shouted while walking over to the door.

"Leaving an attractive, young woman all alone? You have so much potential, don't you just want to live a little? No one has to know." He came closer and tried to connect his lips with mine. My hand quickly hit his cheek, "Never! I want you out of my castle right now!" I yelled at him and rushed out of the room with tears brimming in my eyes threatening to spill.