Chapter 27

Elora's P.O.V

The next morning started early for me. I got up an hour before training starts to take a refreshing shower to wake me up. I hopped out and threw on a burgundy tank top, black pants, and black boots, I figured I'd wear something comfortable as a training outfit. I put my hair in a sleek ponytail then left my room to grab some breakfast. 

I felt very optimistic about today, it was my first day of training to be in the order and I was excited to finally have a place on board. I didn't feel like a burden anymore and I felt as if I finally belong. It felt amazing to be doing something other than just sitting in my room all day or getting lost in book after book. I realize that I've must've read the entire library at this point. 

I gently opened the cafeteria door and was immediately met by the loud sounds of clanking and conversation amongst the other officers and stormtroopers. I grabbed two water bottles and a banana then headed out on my way to Kylo's private training room. When I arrived, it was empty and dark so I simply walked over and turned the lights on. The blinding white light came on with a 'buzz' sound and it took my eyes a few seconds to adjust.

I was still relatively early so I just decided to sit and eat. As I ate my banana, I analyzed every little detail about the room. From the waxed over black floors to the padded white walls and matching ceiling. There were all sorts of weapons scattered throughout the walls. Blasters, swords, knives. and even spears.

There was also non-weapon equipment like various weights and exercise equipment. It was like a playground but for adults or people who just loved fitness. "No wonder Kylo is so muscular..." I said out loud and I laughed to myself. I got up to throw away my peel when Kylo walked in followed by three stormtroopers. He was dressed the same as me but in a black tank top, he looked as good as ever.

"You're early aren't you?" He asked walking over to the blasters on the wall and the stormtroopers stood on standby. "I'm very eager to start my training. I brought you a water bottle by the way." I said smiling as I walked over. He looked over to the bottles then back at me smiling, "You're being so nice today... It's weird." he grabbed a blaster and walked towards the middle. "Ok, so what are we doing first?" I asked eagerly, he smiled "You're going to dodge these blasts." Kylo fired directly at me to which I only missed by stepping to the right by instinct. 

"What the hell! You could've killed me!" I screamed at him, this only caused him to shoot back 3 more times and the last one grazed my arm causing me to fall. "Elora, if I wanted to kill you... Well, you'd already been dead." He chuckled lightly to himself, "I've only just started not even a minute ago and I'm already injured!" I yelled at him. Ok, it was only a slight burn but still! It was very unexpected. "Stand up. When you're out fighting the resistance, their main goal is to ultimately kill you. There will be many who will want your head on a pike so you have to learn how to dodge." It made sense to me but he at least could've given me a warning.

"There are no warnings on the field, Elora! Stand up." He motioned for me to get up and I did. "I'll slow them down and as you get better, the speed will pick up. Ready?" I nodded yes and I spent the next thirty minutes dodging his blasts. After a while, I got the hang of it and we went faster until it was time for a water break. I was drenched in sweat as I chugged mine and Kylo only sipped his.

Well, I was the one doing all the training. "What are they here for?" I motioned towards the stormtroopers. "You're going to dodge all three of their blasts at the same time. You'll have multiple enemies so that means you'll be a target for multiple people at the same time." I groaned in agony, "Why do I have to do this? Why can't I just have a cool lightsaber as you do?" I whined to him. He laughed in response, "You can't have a lightsaber because you don't have the requirements for it. No more whining, let's get this over with." we returned to the middle and resumed our training.

I was a little slow at first but then I got used to it and by the time their blasters gave out of energy, I was a pro at dodging. Kylo and I took another water break and the stormtroopers were dismissed for the day. We sat towards the side and talked about my progress and what we'd do next. "Now it's time for combat. We're gonna test your strength, endurance, and speed because that's what matters on the battlefield." Kylo said as he took a big swig of his water. I watched as some of the liquid escaped and dropped down his chin onto his tank top.

I laughed at him, "Xander tried to teach me to fight once... It didn't go very well." I said smiling as I looked out into the distance. I try not to talk about him anymore but now and then I speak of him in remembrance. "I can't imagine how it is losing the person you promised you'd spend the rest of your life with." Kylo turned to look at me as I let out a long sigh.  "It's definitely not easy but... With time you tend to be more at peace with it." I said smiling at him. 

"You're a very strong woman, Elora." Kylo looked away and his new compliment made me blush. "You're a very compassionate person when you want to be," I whispered to him, he turned to look at me. His dark brown eyes met my violet ones and we sat there for a few seconds just staring into each other's deep irises. "Oh, Kylo. Why can't you be like this with everyone?" I whispered as we slowly leaned in to kiss.

Unfortunately, our action towards each other was stopped by Kylo clearing his throat. "We... Uh, we should continue training." He hopped up and immediately went towards the floor. My heart panged with... Disappointment? Was I really disappointed that Kylo Ren broke away from what was supposed to be a kiss?

It was then I realized that I had feelings for the Commander. It was no secret that I was attracted to him but this discovery came as a shock to me. I had promised myself that I'd never love anyone else for as long as I live. I'd like to think Xander would want me to move on but who am I kidding?

Could Kylo and I ever be anything? I didn't know but I did know that I wouldn't pursue it until I know it's real.

My heart had been broken one too many times already.

I wasn't ready for one more...