Chapter 18

It's been three weeks since Kylo has left, my kingdom has been overrun with crime and chaos. I've tried to restore order in numerous ways, I've tried to appoint better soldiers to protect the streets ever since the stormtroopers in my kingdom were taken out for other uses in the First Order. Nothing was working, the new soldiers soon turned corrupt and were one of the many wreaking havoc unto my destroyed kingdom.

There are bandits and murderers roaming the streets. I've had to impose a sundown curfew to protect my people but that often goes unacknowledged. Many people die or are injured every day, any shop owner who's tried to restart their business never can because their building is either robbed or burned down by these corrupt soldiers or bandits.

Many people are also just simply packing their things and leaving. They're leaving and just moving on to other surrounding planets. Even some of my faithful servants and council members who were here even before I was Queen has left, everything is in ruins and I know now more than ever that I am a failure.

I'm hopeless, even General Azura has tried to instruct me on just leaving and starting over a brand new life somewhere else. There's something about him recently that's making me feel uneasy. Well, he's always made me feel rather uncomfortable but lately, he's just weird.

I've noticed little things such as news and complaints that are getting past me because they already have my 'signature'. It started off as small trivial things such as permits to bigger things like new restrictions on my people or important letters from allies. I've suspected Azura for quite some time but he is only becoming more and more suspicious each day.

He hides behind the tall marble pillars as I walk by, I feel his eyes on me constantly during all meals in which he accompanies me in. It panics me as well as makes me paranoid that at any given time or place he could possibly take advantage or hurt me in some way. This man was once my husband's best friend, not only was he Xander's best friend, he was also his second in command which put him in a very powerful position. It pained me to say I was afraid of somebody who was meant to protect me.

That night Nala stayed in my room and I confided in her my concerns.

"Nala? Do you ever feel... Off? About General Azura?" I asked and turned over to face her, she had an empty blank stare and said nothing for a few seconds. "I... I don't see anything off about him, maybe you're stressed out." She awkwardly smiled and sat over on the chair next to my vanity mirror. "Hm, I have been feeling rather off lately but it just seems like he's being different these days. Like more creepy?" I chuckled a little to lighten the mood.

"He's a powerful leader, I'd just mind my own business, Elora." Nala reached over for my crown and began looking over it, I scrunched up my brow in confusion. She's always disliked Azura, they've seemed to never get along and now she was defending him? None of this seemed right to me. It seemed very off and my instincts were raising many different alarms against it.

"Mind my business? Nala this is my business, something isn't right and I can feel it. Everything is just strange, nothing makes sense anymore." I began to get louder with my words. "You're thinking irrationally, it's all just paranoia cau-" I snatched my crown from her hands, "I'm tired of you putting this off on me, this isn't just me Nala. Something is off and as my second in command, you should understand my concerns. Please leave." I looked down as she got up.

"Leave?" She laughed in a condescending manner, we stared at each other for a few deafening silent seconds. "Alright then... I'll leave, your majesty." She did a fake curtsey and left with a loud slam from the door.

I sighed and placed my crown back on its mantle, "Why would she grab my crown?" and "Why was she so dismissive towards my concerns with Azura?" many questions plagued my mind. I decided to not take any chances, if I were to be faced with some kind of political tension from them it wouldn't be alone.

I made my way to my office in the middle of the night. My old fashioned lantern lit up most of the hallway for me to see and I was also made very aware of my surroundings. Maybe I was paranoid but I sure had a damn good reason as to why.

As soon as I entered I made preparations in order to send a hologram to my old friend. I was dressed as presentable as can be and I had my words already picked for what was about to be said. I pressed start and began to record my message.

"Hello Kylo, It's me, Elora." I smiled and laughed softly at myself, I must've looked like an idiot. "I have some... Concerns. About our contract together for Ahmorada and the First Order. It seems as I will need proper military enforcement for my kingdom as things are getting out of hand. I need you to come to visit and assess the damages and make sure the proper work will be done." Oh, I had hoped that this disguise works, I'd be sure Azura would definitely see this some way and try to intervene if it wasn't hidden.

"Yours truly, Queen Elora." I smiled and shut it off.

I knew the message would find him and he'd come. He had to... He was my only hope...